Ordered a Fitbit flex.. How do you like yours?!

Options
Hi everyone! So I just ordered a fit bit flex and should be receiving it in a couple days! I was wondering what you all think about the Fitbit? Any tips, likes, dislikes or need to knows about it? Thanks for everyone's feed back and support!

Replies

• melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had mine for about 2 months and am not really impressed. Likes- the motivation of walking more so i meet 10,000 + steps.. monitors my sleep. Which had helped me learn am up a lot at night. Dislikes - cant see much info on watch besides the 5 little lights. always have to check phone for progress of steps.i dont think the calorie burn is accurate especially when am working out..so am returning mine. I had a polar heart rate monitor before and im going back to that and buying a cheap pedometer so i can still count my steps.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Gave mine away, thought it was trash.

Itchy trash.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The Flex is nothing more or less than an activity tracker. If you are relatively inactive and want to get moving around more, it can show you trends. Its step count is not 100% accurate ... calculating distance traveled requires user input in the settings ... its sleep tracker really tracks movement so if you toss and turn, or sleep next to somebody that tosses and turns, keep that in mind. If on your first few days you don't change any actions and it shows you averaged X steps, then get change your activities to average 3X steps per day ... it did its job of tracking activity and getting you moving more.

I wear mine more out of habit at this point than for actual tracking of steps. I have enough GPS data for my running and cycling to give me an accurate picture of what I do on a daily and weekly basis.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It is good to keep track of my activity in general, and it does motivate me to get up and march in place to hit my goal. I figure it is good for general information on how active I am, or a rough estimate of my calories burned. It is decent looking and doesn't look like you are wearing a fitness tracker really... At the most, I've had people think it was a fancy watch. I mostly love it for the competition (you can do challenges with friends) and motivation.
  • taylorvanhooren
    taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    absolutely love mine. I've had it since the summer and it's awesome! the battery lasts about 5 or 6 days for me. the lack of info shown on the band isn't a big deal to me because I just check my phone. I'm sure you'll love it like i do! anyone complaining that the band doesn't give you enough info... well, they should have known that when they bought it! a little research never hurt anyone. complaining about how the steps aren't 100% accurate? well of course it's not, you move your hands all day, so of course it will be a bit over. but it's pretty close to being accurate.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Love mine. Combined it with starting to weight my food, and I'm just barreling along my fitness goals!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I loved mine. I had the flex and unfortunately I lost it. The only gripe I had about it was the clasp. I upgraded to the Charge HR and love it even more.

As for Fitbits in general, I have mine to be pretty accurate and it encourages me to get up and move. I have a desk job and can get so involved in something that I realized I hadn't moved in awhile. I also love doing challenges with my friends. It keeps me motivated. :)
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for alomost two years and I love it! I had the force but I was one of the lucky ones who got a nasty rash from it so I traded it in for the flex. I wear it everyday and I love that fact that you can do challanges with your friends on the app. I am noramlly in a workweek hustle challange. It keeps you aware that you need to move more especially beacuse I have a desk job!
  • ginalawrencegibbs103
    Options
    I love mine, it keeps me motivated, I seriously need it lol
  • Summerluv326
    Summerluv326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your feedback!!