Newly pregnant aiming for fit pregnancy

Options
Just saying hey and seeing f anyone else is doing the same as I am. I'm using the app to track my nutrients and calories etc as well as any workouts to ensure that I can have the healthiest pregnancy I possibly can :)

Replies

• tarylish
    tarylish Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats! I'm in the same boat- 10 weeks as of yesterday and realizing that the last month has been a little too indulgent. Trying to get back on track for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!
  • codylindseykaupp
    codylindseykaupp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I m 12 weeks and looking to really just eat well and continue with light activity throughout my pregnancy. I used to be a competetive athlete but my activity levels have gone done severely in the past 5 years. So just trying to take it slow and be healthier all around.
  • wejn
    wejn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just saying hey and seeing f anyone else is doing the same as I am. I'm using the app to track my nutrients and calories etc as well as any workouts to ensure that I can have the healthiest pregnancy I possibly can :)

Me too. This is #4 for me and although my pre preggo weight was considered overweight (155 at 5'6") I'm more fit with this pregnancy than any of my others. I'm doing all kinds of fitness classes at my gym & loving it. It really helps me feel strong enough to birth another baby. That being said my weakness is the amount of food I eat. I'm doing my best but would love to journey with y'all! Maybe we will do better together than alone?! Plus we all have to adjust to the other side of pregnancy as well!
  • hollyboremaly
    Options
    Not currently pregnant but have two bundle of joys and recently finished getting rid of my "baby weight" :) anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. I was trying to lose weight before getting pregnant, but it just didn't happen that way. So, I am much heavier than I would like to be and my goal is not to gain more than 10 lbs with this pregnancy. I am using MFP to track my food and exercise and to try to keep myself honest.
  • jraspb
    jraspb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm in the same boat @11 weeks pregnant. My Focus on MFP to eat better & real food limit the sweets & salty foods, Im craving! I've added too much weight in the 1st trimester (12lbs/5.4kg), and was told to Only gain 15-20 lbs from here on out. So I really gotta reel it in. Please add me too! I would love support!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    16 weeks tomorrow! Refusing to gain more than my recommended 10 pounds! lol
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you ladies. You have a most wonderful journey ahead of you. I am a mother of two boys 17 and 19 who are the joy of my life, and have been since the months before they were born into this world! One piece of advice ... talk to your doctor about maximum heart rate during exercise. I often see pregnant women at my gym going all out, forgetting that as they lose their breath they are depriving oxygen from the same blood stream that feeds their baby. Exercise is FANTASTIC during pregnancy. I exercised with both of mine ... just monitor your heart rate and do all things in moderation. Brisk walks every day can do wonders for keeping your weight gain in check and helping you feel healthy throughout the coming months. Swimming is another great choice and with summer coming, accessible to many. Best wishes to you all!!
  • bridgetmarie101
    bridgetmarie101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks pregnant, starting to gain weight, and it's freaking me out a bit! I'd love to have any of you ladies help inspire me to stay active and not overindulge!
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Toofhairy wrote: »
    I'm 10 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. I was trying to lose weight before getting pregnant, but it just didn't happen that way. So, I am much heavier than I would like to be and my goal is not to gain more than 10 lbs with this pregnancy. I am using MFP to track my food and exercise and to try to keep myself honest.

11 weeks here and feel the same. Not happy about where I started so the thought of packing on more pounds is SCARY. I just don't want any of the complications that can come with being unhealthy during pregnancy, like gestational diabetes. I would love the support! Anyone can add me! Is there a group started? Maybe we should start one?

• shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 10 weeks as of yesterday with my first and just found out over the weekend that my slacking on exercise (meaning pretty much none in the 5 weeks since i found out i am prego) has not helped me at all! Shocking right?! The doctors told me to gain max of 25 lbs thru the whole pregnancy, so i'll be back on here tracking nutrition and walking 30 minutes a day from here on out. Add me please! I could use some support in this new phase of my life!
  • squishy84
    squishy84 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks tmw and have picked up a kg, but I am already overweight so want want to use MFP to track things (have only recently started wanting to eat again,but then it's mostly carbs! )
  • Superbruger
    Superbruger Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I am trying to get in shape by swimming twice a week and taking walks. My BMI before my pregnancy was around 25 and I gained two kilograms so far. Feel free to add me, I'm new here :) Lisa