Walking

Options
I was wondering if walking is a good exercise if done five days a week at 30 mins a day?!?!?

I plan on doing that till I lose about 20-30 lbs and start working on my areas with other exercises is this good?!?!?

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    I was wondering if walking is a good exercise if done five days a week at 30 mins a day?!?!?

I plan on doing that till I lose about 20-30 lbs and start working on my areas with other exercises is this good?!?!?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love walking!! I challenge myself to do a shorter mile each time I go.
    Dont forget to stretch!!
    smexercise4.gif
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight by walking! and I still do it everyday, the longer you walk the better!:happy:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I think it is! :heart: I've been doing four days a week, 30 minutes a day, and I'm down 10 pounds. I've also been adding in Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred for the past two days (it's only 20 minutes and kick-butt!) and when I've had a chance on the weekends I'll hit the gym and do half an hour on the elliptical and half an hour on the treadmill. Just remember to listen to your body. Yesterday I only got in 15 minutes on the treadmill and had to quit. It just wasn't gonna happen! :laugh:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Walking is wonderful!!! I started a couple of months ago and set some simple goals like 1 or 2 miles per session. Once I hit that I started upping how many days. I am happy to say I am around 12 miles a week. Some days I do 3 miles and some I only do 2 or less. I have had those days where my body told me no and you have to respect that. You will find you have other days where you are wlking longer or faster. It has also been great for my low back pain. I often tell my clients (massage) to try to incorporate some walking if they are having back of leg pain. You would be surprised how the increase in circulation and the low impact of walking can greatly relieve these areas.

Good luck and enjoy! Walking is totally a form of physical and mental health for me!!:love:

PS---stretching is key!!!! you can find lots of cool sites online with all kinds of stretches.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    it worked for me too! my legs...ughhh - saddle bags (ick) melted away with walking and good nutrition! the key for me is having great music (otherwise it's sooo boring!) or finding friends to walk with....best of luck!
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I started out walking 1 mile a day, and then eventually two miles, and along with counting calories, I am down 8lbs in one month.

Now that the weather is wet and cold though, I have switched to an indoor bike trainer, which burns a lot more calories in a shorter amount of time :wink:

But I miss walking, I wish I could still walk every day, a muddy track in the freezing cold doesn't sound to appealing though :indifferent:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Thank yall...I really have come to like walking!