That empty feeling...

Options
Does any one else find it hard to get used to that empty feeling in your stomach?
Am I going to get used to it, if its normal?

Its only been 2 hours since I had lunch and normaly I would go find somthing to fill this empty feeling, But I only have like 600 cals left for dinner and want to save them till then.

Maybe I`ll go for a walk and burn 100 cals and have a yogert after.

Replies

• savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Drink water? Or start eating foods with more fiber. I had .5 cup of beans for lunch and I'm still pretty full.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I usually don't feel full unless I've had some type of Carbs at a meal (I think that might be a bad thing...) Try drinking water, that might help.
  • JenBug1588
    JenBug1588 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know that feeling.. Do what the previous poster said and drink water. I wouldn't replace calories lost in walking with a yogurt as most people have said it has made them put weight on.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I think you need to spread your cals out a little more, or eat smaller meals so you can snack more in between. I eat every 2 hours so that I do not feel hungry or "empty" and get tempted to eat something I shouldn't.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Drink water and LOTS of protein. These things as parts of a balanced meal will help dramatically. Also, try to do things from scratch as much as possible. Processed foods can add a lot of empty calories but will leave you feeling.... empty.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Some days are harder than others. (like today, right now in fact. :ohwell: ) I drink water or chew gum first to see if I am truly hungry. And if that doesn't work, I may have a small snack. I used to feel ravenous and almost panicy if I didn't have a lot of calories left for the day, but it has gotten better.
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's not often I get that empty feeling, I try to munch on really low calorie things like carrots, mandarin oranges and 17 cal fish sticks from sainsburys in between meals. There are times when I have munched a little more than usual and that's when I do the same as you and go burn some calories through exercise so that I can eat more at my next meal. I'm pretty sure my stomach shrank when I first started as I find I can't eat a really big meal anymore.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard at the beginning but it got better as I started eating healthier foods and eating more often. And I also found that drinking hot water (decaf tea or coffee) helped a bunch. It is getting a little easier. And if I feel really hungry, I"ll eat and not feel guilty so long as I eat something healthy - like a yogurt or celery with PB rather than a choclate bar or ice cream. Good luck!
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    an apple usually helps!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sure, I know that feeling! It's part physical and part psychological I think. For the first fortnight or so of my diet, it absolutely sucked but after that it got A LOT easier really quickly. Now I find my stomach has shrunk so much that if I try to eat anywhere near what I used to be able to put away without thinking, I feel sick and absolutely knackered for hours. Drink water or tea and if you're absolutely starving then have a small snack but make sure you're really hungry and it's not your mind playing tricks on you. Good luck!
  • kiwinosa87
    kiwinosa87 Posts: 10
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth. I always chew gum when cooking/baking too. The minty flavor keeps me from munching.
  • ritaplante
    ritaplante Posts: 4
    Options
    I find what helps me is carrying a small bag of baby carrots and I snack on them in the afternoon while drinking my water, it also makes me fuller so I eat less for dinner :smile:
  • jenswwjourney
    jenswwjourney Posts: 181
    Options
    I had a spinach, cheese wrap for lunch in an extra fiber tortilla with a banana and im so full that i don't think i can eat my tuna wrap. definitely increase your fiber!!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I find what helps me is carrying a small bag of baby carrots and I snack on them in the afternoon while drinking my water, it also makes me fuller so I eat less for dinner :smile:
    Baby carrots are awesome! I have some almost every day. I also like to dip mine in a wedge of Laughing Cow Garlic & herb cheese, super yummy and hardly any cals :)
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I hate that empty feeling! I usually get that if I eat food that doesn't have a lot of fiber, or foods that have a lot of simple carbs. Eating raw veggies before a meal or a piece of fruit after a meal really helps fill me up. And water is really helpful.

Are you sure you're eating enough? Lots of people are finding they need to eat more to loose weight. Good luck!
  • wifeandmotherof2
    wifeandmotherof2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you need to spread your cals out a little more, or eat smaller meals so you can snack more in between. I eat every 2 hours so that I do not feel hungry or "empty" and get tempted to eat something I shouldn't.

I`m Going to try this and I`m going to make myself a cup of tea, and see how I feel after.

Thank you All for the good advice, Sometimes I wounder why I dont think of these thing myself.

Thank you - Thank you.:drinker:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My day/calories are planned out as such that I eat every hour. From 8:30am-7:30 pm I eat. I find it works a lot better that way because I am never hungry and I don't ever go over my calories. there is, however, about 45 minutes of prep time every night to get all my food together for the next day.
  • wifeandmotherof2
    Options
    I had a spinach, cheese wrap for lunch in an extra fiber tortilla with a banana and im so full that i don't think i can eat my tuna wrap. definitely increase your fiber!!

That sounds so good, I`m going to try that tomorrow for Lunch, Thank you.
    Yes I think I need to add more fiber to my diet.

I also love the idea of carrying baby carrots around.
  • wifeandmotherof2
    Options
    Sure, I know that feeling! It's part physical and part psychological I think. For the first fortnight or so of my diet, it absolutely sucked but after that it got A LOT easier really quickly. Now I find my stomach has shrunk so much that if I try to eat anywhere near what I used to be able to put away without thinking, I feel sick and absolutely knackered for hours. Drink water or tea and if you're absolutely starving then have a small snack but make sure you're really hungry and it's not your mind playing tricks on you. Good luck!

I think your right, I`m sipping away my tea now and I dont feel it anymore.
  • wifeandmotherof2
    Options
    Some days are harder than others. (like today, right now in fact. :ohwell: ) I drink water or chew gum first to see if I am truly hungry. And if that doesn't work, I may have a small snack. I used to feel ravenous and almost panicy if I didn't have a lot of calories left for the day, but it has gotten better.

I think thats what it is for me now.