Night Shift RN looking for friends and support

Options
2»

Replies

• christy100377
    christy100377 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a night nurse 7p-7a, on a busy surgical unit. Snacking and quick bites have helped me gain a bunch:(
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here! It's so hard because sometimes your eating on the run and shoveling garbage in your mouth just to quite the rumbling.
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    How are my night shifters doing out there? I've got 45 more pounds to go. This logging every bite of food is getting so old but is the only way to make yourself accountable. I can honestly say I was astounded at the amount of calories I was consuming through mindless eating.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Well my wife is a night shift RN and we have five kids. Add me if you would like. Jason
  • weeksrr
    weeksrr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I work straight nights as a Transplant RN. I pick up day shifts. I am having a hard time finding time to exercise d/t being tired so often. I'm currently working on improving this. I would love to add friends who are having similar problems with counting calories on night shift (whether to count the whole shift as my "day" or if I should start/stop at midnight. :-) I have lost about 179 lbs in the past five years. I would love to finish my journey once and for all and lose my last 40 lbs. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    weeksrr wrote: »
    Hey! I work straight nights as a Transplant RN. I pick up day shifts. I am having a hard time finding time to exercise d/t being tired so often. I'm currently working on improving this. I would love to add friends who are having similar problems with counting calories on night shift (whether to count the whole shift as my "day" or if I should start/stop at midnight. :-) I have lost about 179 lbs in the past five years. I would love to finish my journey once and for all and lose my last 40 lbs. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

• Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    pscapps1 wrote: »
    pscapps1 wrote: »

Hey! I start and stop my day at midnight. It just makes life easier for me since I work nights.
  • sprinttrack
    sprinttrack Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a night shift RN, as well. Working crazy hours makes it really hard to stay on track sometimes. As for the schedule of calorie counts, I've tried it every way imaginable, but I have found the best luck by keeping track from midnight to midnight (what others would consider a normal calendar day). I'm also looking for some new friends to help me out and keep me motivated--please feel free to add me.
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    Great! Feel free to add on me. I love new friends especially those in the same boat as me. We could all use a little extra support on this journey.
  • ElasComeback
    ElasComeback Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a night shifter nurse in germany!
    To many people my diary is confusing because i use german, dutch and english language!

If anyone is willing to take their chances with me, i would be happy to have some new friends!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    I would be glad to have you as a friend. Don't worry about the language barrier. Support and motivation is universal.
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Night shifter on a psychiatric unit. Have about 25 lbs left to lose. Let's do this!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    Thanks for all that's replied. Having friends for support, advice and just to keep you accountable makes all the difference in the world between failure and success. We all e
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    Night shifter on a psychiatric unit. Have about 25 lbs left to lose. Let's do this!

Yes!! I agree!! It's fat blasting time.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have worked permanent nights for the last 8 yrs......IN A CHOCOLATE factory....talk about temptations......Lost 5 stones a few yrs back on here....back to try to lose another 3 or 4 if poss....
  • Anadeusz1987
    Anadeusz1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On nights from 4 years. Got enough already :#
  • 2015igotya
    Options
    I worked nights on the floor and in the ER for about six years between the two! I switched to days about three years ago and am so glad I did. There was so much I liked about the later shifts, but the advantages of not being a "lady of the night" were in my case too great to ignore. I actually am now back in school for a career change! Lol! Added you!
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    2015igotya wrote: »
    I worked nights on the floor and in the ER for about six years between the two! I switched to days about three years ago and am so glad I did. There was so much I liked about the later shifts, but the advantages of not being a "lady of the night" were in my case too great to ignore. I actually am now back in school for a career change! Lol! Added you!

I've been on nights for 21 years. I love being a lady of the night.
  • Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    2015igotya wrote: »

I've been on nights for 21 years. I love being a lady of the night.
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    I have worked permanent nights for the last 8 yrs......IN A CHOCOLATE factory....talk about temptations......Lost 5 stones a few yrs back on here....back to try to lose another 3 or 4 if poss....
    fatjon73 wrote: »

• Flirtin_With_Disaster
    Options
    I hope your all doing wonderful on your weight loss journey!!