Sports bra advice

Options

Replies

• LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGHA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I LOVE this bra. It really locks everything down tight and is in my price range. You'll feel like you're wearing armor with this sucker.

How true to your bra size was this bra?

For an F cup, mine was perfect.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    A good quality, properly fitting sports bra will be enough. You shouldn't have to double up - if you do, it's the wrong bra for you. Anyone who tells you otherwise, hasn't made the effort to find the right bra."
    Agreed.

Yup. When I was a size 32F I was partial to the Moving Comfort Maia for running--just make sure it fits nice and snug as they changed the sizing up a little recently.

The ladies at titlenine.com are also usually spot-on with their recommendations as well.

• deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    if you're using a good quality sports bra this alone should offer enough support?

A million times yes.
    If you have the correct bra for you and at the right level of support you should not need to wear two bras. You wouldn't wear two normal bras to work to get the right support, you'd simply wear the correct bra.

Shock Absorber are great - I've always bought from them. I'm a 36D and I need the maximum support level because I cannot stand any distracting movement when working out, but it is sufficient and comfortable. Moving Comfort also have very good reviews and I'll be getting one of their Juno bras soon to try.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber - high impact for me. What I have found though is that I need a bigger band size for running than for my "normal" gym activities. I can get away with a 32F normally but for running I need the 34E as the band does not "give" very much and I found that I was unable to breathe properly.
  • MoniqueHoltman
    MoniqueHoltman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone - definitely have a few new brands to try out. Good suggestion about the band size, I find my sports bras always feel tight on me and that's no doubt why I'm getting chafing!
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    36G here, and I swear by Shock Absorber level 4 ... has to be the 'classic support' for me though, have tried the others, and this one fits me best, but everyone's different so a bit of trial and error is needed.

Once you find the one for you, buy loads of them cheap from eBay ;)
  • lspit1974
    lspit1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    36H, and I swear by Enell high impact sports bras!
  • karinagw
    karinagw Posts: 25
    Options
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGHA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I LOVE this bra. It really locks everything down tight and is in my price range. You'll feel like you're wearing armor with this sucker.

Hi -
    I've gotten a couple of Glamorise bras before and found that they seem to run little small in the band. How's your experience been with the sports bra?

• FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    karinagw wrote: »

Hi -
    I've gotten a couple of Glamorise bras before and found that they seem to run little small in the band. How's your experience been with the sports bra?

Are a little smaller in the band, a little moreso than the La Isla, which has thick ribbed band (a little more give), so definitely need to buy a larger size.

• FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Thanks about this; bookmarked! :smile:
  • karinagw
    karinagw Posts: 25
    Options

Thanks about this; bookmarked! :smile:

And, that's the other thing, I prefer zip-fronts too. I really like the one I've had forever, but the brand tag tore off so now I'm trying to think about what to do now that I am exercising in earnest and want more than one. Unfortunately, I need to look for a 48 C of some sort which limits me a lot.
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    36DD/E here I like the zip fronts as well but UnderArmour makes a marvelous compression bra. VS has a zip front incredible I like and their knockout series was nice but the straps were not wide enough for me. But any three of these options and they do not move..at all
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Under Armour all the way
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Panache sports works for me.
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just wear a Bali bra. It's the Woman's Satin Tracings Minimizer Bra. Works great in the gym. No bounce. I'm a 40 G.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32H, and am absolutely in love with the Panache sports bra. It isn't a compression bra, but somehow it keeps everything in place better than any compression bra ever has (even when I was less ridiculously endowed), plus it is super comfortable and doesn't hinder your ability to breathe properly. Herroom.com bra size finder is going to be your friend, since Panache is a UK brand and their sizing runs a little differently than the US, and that will give you a really good conversion based on a bra you already know fits.
  • lynnk1971
    lynnk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber ... Especially if you live in uk where victorias secrets and under amour are a little more expensive
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    MsOpus wrote: »
    love, Love, LOVE the Victoria's Secret Knockout Bra. Doubling up is just wrong. If you are doubling up you are in the wrong size.

You and me both just got the knockout bra today and got free pair of thongs!!!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber - high impact for me. What I have found though is that I need a bigger band size for running than for my "normal" gym activities. I can get away with a 32F normally but for running I need the 34E as the band does not "give" very much and I found that I was unable to breathe properly.

I find that with Shock Absorber, the band sizes are made very small. I wear a 30DDD/30E in my normal bras, but I take a 34D in my Shock Absorber sports bra.

• kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The best bras I have found are the Victoria secret sports bras. They are wonderful for holding everything up. If you don't fit those I would take a trip to Victoria secret and check out the construction and then research others that would be comparable