1200 calories with open food diaries

Options
Hello everyone! I'd like to start losing 2 pounds per week which means I need to start eating 1200 calories per day. I m struggling feeling hungry. Would anyone who is eating 1200 calories per day be willing to let me look at your food log so I can get some ideas of what to eat to stay around 1200 calories? Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories (at least for the past week and a half) and have an open diary. Take a look, it isn't the most exciting but so far it works for me. I find it is easier if I eat similar things (ie I made a recipe so eat that a few days in a row) or have the same breakfast (I know the calorie count and it is right there for an easy add). Almost any food will fit into the 1200 calorie log, but some foods to me are high calorie low volume and that makes me a hungry grumpy girl. I find salads and veggies help stretch out my calorie count. I also have learned eggs make me feel full a long time for a low calorie count, which surprised me because I never really liked eggs. Good luck :smiley:
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary but it's probably more of a what not do. lol. I'm hungry all day until I hit my cheers section. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    1200 is applicable to people who are very obese, 35+ BMI or with a very high body fat%.
    Or if they are very short.
    Most can lose 2lbs give or take by simply adjusting nutrition slightly, adding in exercise, managing stress and getting general hormones in check.
    From the programs I've written over the past 2 months, I've only had 1 client who falls within the 1200calorie bracket.
    Shes BMI 35, and a little under 5 foot tall.
    99% of everyone else can lose the right amount of weight eating more and enjoying the process.

• amandanndel
    Options
    1200 is applicable to people who are very obese, 35+ BMI or with a very high body fat%.
    Or if they are very short.
    Most can lose 2lbs give or take by simply adjusting nutrition slightly, adding in exercise, managing stress and getting general hormones in check.
    From the programs I've written over the past 2 months, I've only had 1 client who falls within the 1200calorie bracket.
    Shes BMI 35, and a little under 5 foot tall.
    99% of everyone else can lose the right amount of weight eating more and enjoying the process.

This exactly!!! Please make sure to calculate your BMR and TDEE. A lot of people under eat at 1,200 calories. In the long term it will just mess up your metabolism.
  • Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1350 a day and burn between 500 and 1000 depending on how hard I'm feeling like working so you're welcome to take a look at mine,
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat 1200 + 1/2 of exercise cals (and have for several months) and my diary is open to friends.
  • Laurensanders30
    Options
    Bump
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm 1400 with an open diary.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 1200 with an open diary, feel free to add me :-) And yes, I am short & have a BMI of 36 so this is right for me.

Just don't look at yesterday...went out to dinner with my family & blew my calories out of the water!!!
  • lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe blog and the newest 15 recipes are low carb/low fat/high protein recipes. I have step-by-step pictures too!

https://facebook.com/thefoodistachronicles