7 months to Tattoo. Let's get Sleeveless.

Options
tylerplaysmusic
tylerplaysmusic Posts: 37 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!!
So, it would be more than fair to say I've been sloppy over the last few months, definitely gone off the track a little.. but its official - I can afford the KISS meet & greet ticket I've been saving for for quite some time, and with that, comes my first tattoo. I'm planning on getting Paul's autograph on my forearm, because he's just such a pivotal role in who I am as a person, not just as a musician.

This means I'd really like to be a little more comfortable sleeveless, as I've not worn a sleeveless top.. well, ever in public. I'm also still fairly overweight, so I'm worried I'll have trouble getting anywhere near what I'd like because after losing I'll still need to gain muscle or something.

Fairly clueless to be honest, the only things I've done so far is eat less and walk more, which has worked to a degree, but I'm looking for any and all advice you guys have! Broke student who's now even more broke, so a gym membership isn't reaaaaally an option, but I will look into weights if anyone has recommendations on cheap effective options, though I have had back troubles so heavy lifting may not be so good.

Cheers guys!

Replies

• Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Look for body weight exercises, Couch to 5K Running program (C25K), or High-intensity interval training (HIIT). There will be quite a bit out there that you can work with and find what works for you.
  • tylerplaysmusic
    Options
    Cheers guys!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I just treated myself to two new tattoos yesterday for completing my insanity challenge. It's really good motivation and keeps you on track.
  • tylerplaysmusic
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [Edit: forgot to quote.]
  • tylerplaysmusic
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I just treated myself to two new tattoos yesterday for completing my insanity challenge. It's really good motivation and keeps you on track.

Aw nice, what did you get? :)
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Headless horseman, and Garfield and odie with Bart Simpson as a raven.
    They join the grim reaper, the crypt keeper, a penguin in a jackolantern, and jack and zero from nightmare before Christmas. Working on a Halloween theme sleeve.
    kihq1bmvpji3.jpg
    v86x4v3wshpe.jpg
    ja59jzuq84vz.jpg
    uue0j95g9h5u.jpg
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    With 7 months to go you can see results. If you are a college student check to see what your school has for fitness equipment/classes. Focus on bodyweight exercises if there is no lifting equipment. There are youtube videos on "convict conditioning" for bodyweight exercises, and something structured like Strong Lifts might be helpful if you have access to free weights - with "back trouble" be vigilant about form and start light (and/or get medical clearance to lift at all if that seems prudent given your particular situation). There are a ton of helpful resources about proper lifting form online as well.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    With 7 months, try out Insanity. (You can find YouTube videos of regular people doing the workouts if you don't want to drop the $144 cash). It's 63 days long, and you will definitely see definition.
  • tylerplaysmusic
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    With 7 months to go you can see results. If you are a college student check to see what your school has for fitness equipment/classes. Focus on bodyweight exercises if there is no lifting equipment. There are youtube videos on "convict conditioning" for bodyweight exercises, and something structured like Strong Lifts might be helpful if you have access to free weights - with "back trouble" be vigilant about form and start light (and/or get medical clearance to lift at all if that seems prudent given your particular situation). There are a ton of helpful resources about proper lifting form online as well.

Started some bodyweight exercises the other day, will definitely continue! And believe it or not, as soon as I swapped from a shoulder back to a regular backpack, my back stopped hurting within a few days!!
    My_Butt wrote: »
    With 7 months, try out Insanity. (You can find YouTube videos of regular people doing the workouts if you don't want to drop the $144 cash). It's 63 days long, and you will definitely see definition.

I don't have $144 right now, however I'll check out those videos and if it looks like something that I can handle (The name Insanity is intimidating!) I'll invest!