Stress Eating

Options
Kappyoc
Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
Im a stress eater... and today is very very stressful with a family matter. HELP!!!!

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater, too. The only thing I can do is find another way to deal with the stress. Walking really helps me, although I know that isn't always a practical alternative.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am, too. Try to eat a lot of nutrient dense foods, that way perhaps you can satisfy the urge to eat without undoing your hard work. Don't try to deprive yourself, or you could end up falling off the wagon and binging. That's happened to me.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Try chewing gum. That at least holds me off for a while, sometimes. There is no sure fire answer; just gotta try diferent things. Go out for a walk, pick up a book, get out of the house, away from the food, go clean out the garbage can (that can turn your stomach so you don't want to eat!).
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that coping with stress in a better way is important since it will cause more stress eating more than you want to.

I hope things work out. Take a deep breath.
  • Flarflar
    Flarflar Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. If I'm all alone minding my own business it's all fine, but when reality hits, it's not as easy. Try to relax, and try to eat half of what you would eat otherwise. That way you can still eat what you would, just not as much, and trust me, it shows caloriewise Feel free to add me as a friend to talk about how stressfull family can be .0) But trust me, you can do this! I believe in you and together we can do this!
  • brendi_lynn
    brendi_lynn Posts: 19
    Options
    Listen to some music or do some Zumba. Helps me (:
    Salads are yummy too!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Crunchy veggies and high fiber fruit. When I stress I either refuse to eat, or eat a lot. I switched from bad food to fruits and veggies for it. You can try going for a walk, or getting a good hard workout in also. That *really* helps me when I stress is to go beat my body into submission! :-)
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    So am I, keep healthy thing son hand, light yogurt, veggies and if you want sweets at this time try no sugar added fudge bars, a whole 40 calories each!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Focus on the consequences of your eating - I find if I think through what I'm doing before it happens it stops me more often than not (although it can make me grumpy!). Try and stay strong and good luck!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater too. I've been trying sweet flavored gum, which helps.. and drinking herbal tea that's like berry flavored.. or eating carrot sticks. If you can, try going for a walk or doing some jumping jacks in the bathroom or something to relieve some stress?
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with the gum comment. Extra's Dessert Delight gum is a huge lifesaver for me. Also, surround yourself with food that are better to stress eat on with! Carrots and celery are now my go-to foods when I stress eat. I don't feel as guilty if I eat extra celery than I would munching on a brownie. Best of luck!