Whats going on with my body.

Options
Im fairly new to mfp.. Have been following calories in/out for a while now though. Total weight lost so far is about 114lbs (but whos counting)

The past 3 month or so, I will go a day or two without feeling hungry at all. No desire to eat. On these days I can barely get 700 calories down my throat. Then after two days my hunger returns and I eat a normal 3 meals a day. There is no noticeable difference in how I feel, or activity levels.

And since Im asking questions, is mfp accurate as far as daily caloric intake concerned? Its telling me 1760 calories a day, Im 50y/o and moderately active at work, plus I exercise (mostly cardio) 5x a week.

Thanks so much.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you have lost 114 lbs then I would say you have found your magic number. As you get closer to ideal then your caloric needs will get finer and you will have to watch closer.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Is your issue the lack of appetite on certain days? How do you feel on those days?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The calories MFP gives you assumes a calorie deficit based on your goals. It ignores your exercise, which you are supposed to log and then it will increase your calorie allowance for the day.
  • jackstraw67201
    jackstraw67201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Is your issue the lack of appetite on certain days? How do you feel on those days?

I feel fine. No noticeable difference in activity levels or sleep. No certain day or days.