84lbs lost but scared to lose anymore :(

Options

Replies

• Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging my food in a while because I've decided to halt my weightloss and start focusing only on strength training to build muscle. I've also been gluten free for a few months now so staying at my recommended calories has been very easy This seems like a contradiction. If you are not aware of what you are eating, it seems like you might not know if you are eating the recommended calories. I would encourage you to have a plan. If you don't want to lose weight, then that is ok, but have a plan. It takes work to maintain what you have accomplished and a maintenanc plan is just as important as a weight loss plan. Congratulations for losing 84 pounds. You look great.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I'd " kill" for the body you have now!! Great job, you have been very successful!!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You look great and are getting healthier. When I started losing weight, a friend said something about I would get loose skin. Though I don't see it on you, I do have some, (I'm quite a bit older than you) but I'd still rather have loose skin and be healthy than be obese.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wear your stretch marks and loose skin as a badge of honour for your amazing achievement. Proof of the your incredible journey!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Your looking great! Don't give up now, The difference in your pictures is amazing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, keep getting it!
  • Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done you've done amazing girl . Bio oil is something chemist recommend for stretch marks . Works wonders that stuff as for lose skin your still really young so with patience it should bounce back definitely keep up the weight training and lifting to improve your chances :) you do look great though so don't stress :)
  • OrganicCat
    Options
    Years ago, I had a friend that lost about 80 lbs, and she was really short. She looked great, but I did notice some loose skin. She moved away and when I saw her again (a year later), her skin looked fantastic. She hadn't had surgery or anything, but her skin did seem to shrink over that year since I'd seen her.
  • amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Your skin will probably look great. I've had three 9lb+ babies in my 20s which made my stomach huge for a while and it's always gone back to flat after some time. It does take time tho. About a year or so. My last baby is 4 months and I still have sagging skin but it's going away. I think however long it took for your stomach to stretched give yourself that long to unstretch.
  • Aniwani32
    Aniwani32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine. Your still young. Where as me I didn't quite get to 300lbs, but the stretch marks I have from my first child are like zebra stripes. Thick, ripped skin, 12 years later they are still pink. I am going to have major skin issues.
    Well done on losing the weight you look fantastic.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    LNS you have done a great job and know you can go farther when you are ready. The hard part can be keeping it off. There would be nothing wrong with you learning to maintain where you are at for 6-12 months and let your body readjust to your new much lower weight. My chin was the first place where I loss and had extra skin and it has about readjusted.
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    girl congrats u look great you have done an amazing job i managed to drop 72lbs in 10 months or so and my skin was a little loosr and of course stretch marks were there but i started doing weight training and everything started to tighten up it takes a while for the skin to adjust since we lose so much weight so quick but keep up the good work never give up you are still young
  • alishadunham94
    alishadunham94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello:)
    First of all, congrats on how far you have come...it's a tremendous story and I'm sure makes you very proud:) I agree with everyone just give it some time and your skin will retract better because of being young...also drinking lots of water helps the skin....and if you want to try something that could possibly help look up Itworks! Wraps...I've used them before and it helps tighten and tone areas within 45 minutes! and the effects continue to work for 3 days after....look up before and after pics of people using the products and how hey have gotten results...I used one on my tummy before and it made some difference....but you can use them anywhere...as far as stretch marks drink plenty of water and use a mosturizer and lotions for your skin...it will help depending on the colors of the stretch marks...also if you're like me you're afraid of what others will think about those stretch marks like if you ever want to wear a bathing suit or whatever...cool thing is there is water proof foundation you can use to cover them and no one will be none the wiser! Trust me a lot of girls have stretch marks even models do...so maybe you could give that a try if you're conscious about them:) anyways good luck with the rest of your journey:)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Nawww hun, I know this feeling all too well and I had to confront it on my journey too.

By far the thing that has helped me the most is lifting heavy. Its transformed not only my body, but the way I see myself. Yes, I still have some loose skin and for sure I have stretch marks, but its getting better and my marks are silver now so I don't even see them! Take it one day at a time hun, just keep moving forward xx
  • tonimforsyth
    tonimforsyth Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I read about vitamin e cream I'm 21 at the start of my weightless journey. Lost five pounds this first week. Apparently vitamin e tightens skin can be naught from Superdrug or boots relatively cheap. I'm a bit worries as I'm 216 pounds aiming for 140. But I'm told I should be fine. We have youth on our side and you're obviously motivated so keep up the hard work and boost up your weight exercising and you will look even better x
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It can be really easy to focus on all the "faults" in our bodies, especially when dropping a large amount of weight. Since I started getting serious about my weight loss, I've lost 46 pounds. I usually have to see videos or pictures of what I looked like before to get everything into perspective, but I fall into the trap of "oh this looks bad" or "that looks flabby." But the great news is there has been SUCCESS and by setting new goals and new challenges for yourself, you'll find your body responds...so if you feel "caught up" in the stretch marks and saggy skin, set some amazing weight training goals and see where that puts you in a month...I bet you'll firm up and be blown away! :D
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh my god you have come so far and you look amazing! I've had stretch marks since I was young and now they are faded, kind of light, but defiantly there. Start using cocoa butter cream if you don't already, it can help fade stretch marks. I really think the lifting will do you wonders if you haven't already been doing that. It will tighten up your skin and make you look more toned, I say keep going on with the weight loss, but instead of just cardio, do mostly strength training and make sure you are getting enough protein.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Number one, don't stop logging, because then you will give yourself and excuse to go back to what you were doing before. A lot of people in maintenance still log.

You said you do strength training, but speak with someone at your gym about HEAVY LIFTING then just slow down the loss. Maybe take off the last 42 over the course of 12 or 18 months. This will give your skin time to react.

Either way don't stop because you are worried about these things. You have worked so hard. Continue reaching for your goals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to your feelings. I would be happy to stay at the weight I am, too but more because I don't think I will ever get to an "ideal" shape now (I'm in my fifties), and I am already reaping the extra benefits of being lighter, being able to do more, etc. It can be a bit of a pain when I lose "yet another couple pounds" and my nice new clothes don't fit any more. I also like you have lots of saggy spots.

I checked your current weight and height on BMI and you are on the lower end of the "obese" scale. Getting down to 200 you will have graduated to "overweight". Getting out of the "obese" range will take you out of the risk range for weight related diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure (heart attack).

From the look of your shape and skin, I think your skin will tighten up on it's own for you.

Here's an idea. What if you go on "maintenance" for about six months (scary thought that, too) and just work on lifting and exercising? Give your skin time to catch up to your new shape? If you see it tighten up, you might be more inclined to lose a few more pounds.
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im not wanting to go any lower than 180. Not because of worry about saggy skin...ive had 4 kids, and its genetic in my family. I am going to be over the moon to be 220-230 again...Ill finally feel like being undressed isnt going to be something to be ashamed of. My fiance doesn't get how much hate-filled shaming self talk I do when when are intimate. Love yourself, where you are. You are absolutely gorgeous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!