Options
    Yep i replace pork with beef some nights

And chicken for lamb on other nights

Works well, Tastes great too
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to replace your meals?

A meal replacement is not inherently better or worse. Nothing can make you magically lose weight. Eating (and drinking) fewer calories than you burn over time will lead to weight loss, whether you are eating steak or pizza or SlimFast.

If you, say, hate making breakfast, and usually get a 400 cal muffin and a sugary coffee from a coffee shop, and would like to replace that with a meal replacement shake, rather than a lighter option from the coffee shop, or rather than making breakfast every day, and you try it, and like it, and feel full, then sure.
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Choose carefully. Like Raw Meal by Garden of Life with 8oz of almond milk is a great meal replacement if you can tolerate liquid calories.
  • Lynn_Chapman
    Lynn_Chapman Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For me meal replacements dont work. Usually it's like some sort of shake or something and in my mind I just don't feel like I ate anything. I would rather sit down and have an actual meal. I feel more statisfyed..
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options

For me meal replacements dont work. Usually it's like some sort of shake or something and in my mind I just don't feel like I ate anything. I would rather sit down and have an actual meal. I feel more statisfyed..

I think a lot of people feel that way. It is very easy to digest a liquid meal for people who struggle with digestion and a sluggish gut. That makes it appealing to some.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements are not good for everyone. It depends upon the capacity of digestion. If you digest that it might be helpful for you.
  • MsIBD1
    MsIBD1 Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like the Total Lean shakes by GNC...took me a long time to fine one that actually taste good but those work for me!!! And they are 170 calories!
  • vbaez6
    vbaez6 Posts: 18
    Options
    I personally starved when I tried making my own meal replacement shakes. I just love food way too much. I decided a balanced and healthy diet was better for me in the long run!