Afraid

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
I am losing the weight YAY! But I am worried how my stomach will look after the fact. I had a pretty big baby 9.9lbs in 09 and although im doing the ab works...i have all the stretch marks and loose skin than I would have hoped to have had....
Anyone come back from a big baby with a lot of weight loss and been okay with their tummy?
What kind of things helped?

Replies

• kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but want to tag this post so I can get advice too! :-) I had a 9 lb 7 oz baby 4 years ago, followed by a 10 lb 1 oz one last year. We are talking very loose skin!!!
  • Msaip
    Options
    haha AND the men give us no credit! Well, atleast mine doesnt!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I know that my sister has stretch marks from her babies too and she is thin now and they are hardly noticable...

I don't know what to suggest and I know that I'll never be able to wear a bikini when I get to my goal weight... :(
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've had four kids and have all the stretch marks to prove it! I am still on my way there so I can't speak to what my stomach will look like once I've lost weight. All I do know is, it will have to look better at a healthy weight than it currently does at an "obese" weight! :)
  • Msaip
    Options
    I've had four kids and have all the stretch marks to prove it! I am still on my way there so I can't speak to what my stomach will look like once I've lost weight. All I do know is, it will have to look better at a healthy weight than it currently does at an "obese" weight! :)

I know that's true!

I don't really care to wear a bikin...i just want a flat toned stomach! :( seems impossible!
  • gretahausen
    gretahausen Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a road map of Texas on my belly in stretch marks. After I had my first baby at the age of 23, my belly was stretched and out of shape. I gained 30 pounds and thought my body was forever gone (I was young, ha, ha.) after losing that weight and getting back into shape, that loose skin does tighten back up when your muscles tighten back up and when the fat is burned off. This is why abdominal crunches are sooooo important. Unfortunately, the stretch marks are forever, but they do fade away. I am looking forward to getting rid of this baby fat once again (and for good?)
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I had an 18 inch waist before I got pregnant. At my baby shower we measured it for a game.... 54 freaking inches! I didn't see a stretch mark till the end... well, I didn't see it, my doctor did. I couldn't see around my big ol belly for the life of me.

Anyways, after I lost the baby weight, my belly was normal again. Still stretch marks, but the saggy skin was reduced alot. It will never totally go back to normal though. Then when I had some health problems and gained 80 pounds, it got really nasty. So far, as long as I'm paying great attention to that area, it's getting better.

I moisturize the ever loving crap out of my belly and do pilates. With patience, it will once again make an appearance in the light of day. I'm sure of it. And as far as the strecth marks, they fade. Not totally, but they do over time. Mine are too far gone now, but there still may be hope for others. Lazer treatments and chemical peels can help too.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OK, I will come out and say it... my stomach looks like a topographical map! I had a small baby, but gained the weight of an entire country when I was I was pregnant. Hell, why not, right? My stomach has the stretch marks which are totally inevitable and that is just part of my life story and I do have a small amount of skin that I wish I could COMPLETELY tighten up...however, that being said I have managed to tighten almost everything with yoga and pilates. Core work. Planks! Eating right isn't just enough... cardio is so important in combination with the pilates and yoga.
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing! I had a baby 10 months ago he was 10 1/2 lbs. I gained 60lbs and my belly was HUGE!!!! I still have a lower belly, and he was very low inside me. All my stretch marks are below belly button. My upper stomach is fine. So who knows!!
  • fangirly
    fangirly Posts: 4
    Options
    The pregnant ladies in my office all agreed that coco butter worked for them to make the stretch marks better. They also said lot of water because the more hydrated you are the better your skin can adapt. The key to doing the coco butter is applying it right have a hot shower just like with any lotion.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had 2 8-pounders in under 2 years and gained 50 pounds with both. I have a couple stretch marks, but they have mostly faded now (8 years since the last) and my stomach is pretty cut, I have a little tiny bit of loose skin but my hubby says it is my imagination and it probably is.

Most important thing is a very good diet and lots of compound movements...straight crunches won't do the trick. You need a lot of different types of core work, like lunges with a medicine ball, incline reverse crunches, medicine ball twists, stuff that works out all of the muscles not just the lower belly which is what crunches do.

Fear not! Just work hard!