Frustrated

Options
So for 30 days I watched what I ate and went on the treadmill 5 days a week only to find that NOTHING had changed. I was so angry that I gave up and put on an extra 5 pounds. Now I'm depressed about it. I just can't seem to get it together. Sorry for the rant.

Replies

• Mus1cLuvR
    Options
    I saw a community post for newbies to MFP that warned STRONGLY about tracking accurately. Apparently this is very typical for users to think they're doing everything right but not actually seeing any results.

Read it here, and pay special attention to the "don't fall into the 1200 calorie vertigo of suck" part: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

Not sure if this is like you, but I similarly had an issue with my first two weeks of dieting until I realized I was doing something very very wrong. Good luck!
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Like the previous poster mentioned, make sure you're properly tracking! Invest in a food scale, and weigh your food! Every bite. Sometimes we take in more than we think.
    And give it time. Weight loss can be slow, and it's almost never exactly as we want it (precisely 1 or 2lbs a week.) Sometimes we "stall." Just stick with it, and you'll see results!

Good luck.
  • MarvinGardunio
    MarvinGardunio Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, The best advice I ever received was a quote..."you can't our run a bad diet" I didn't know what she meant until I started tracking everything I put in my mouth. Was I surprised, when I found out my healthy diet was not. I agree with the above "Proper Tracking". I have not lost my weekly goal weight every week. But hang in there.... It does get easier/better. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Buy a food scale. Weigh meat, pasta, rice, vegetables, and such raw. Learn how to use the data base -- many entries are flawed. Use the entries without the asterisk. In the first few weeks / months check the data base foods with the USDA web site.
  • stacygriff14
    stacygriff14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful advice. Tomorrow I buy a scale! And I'm definitely going to check out that website. Again I can't express enough how much this means to me. Thank you!!