Eat back calories ?

Options
Hi All
I'm curious as to wether your supposed to eat back calories you burn through exercise ?

Replies

• Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP, then yes you should because your deficit has already been calculated into your daily caloric allotment. I typically only eat back about 1/2 because I figure there is room for error on how much I've actually burned for the day.
  • CKS1969
    CKS1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My endocrinologist said absolutely not. He said it is the one bad thing about MFP. That is why i was not losing weight. I stopped eating my exercise and am now on a strait path to skinny.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I currently in take less than 1200 a day & I don't eat back any calories from exercise as I wasn't sure actually how accurate mfp is
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    CKS1969 wrote: »
    My endocrinologist said absolutely not. He said it is the one bad thing about MFP. That is why i was not losing weight. I stopped eating my exercise and am now on a strait path to skinny.

Your endocrinologist assumes that MFP is a TDEE method and it's not - it's NEAT, so eating back exercise calories is part of the game

The bad thing about MFP is there's no warning that the exercise calories in the database overestimate for many people and that you should only eat back 50-75%

the user error often comes in with accurate logging - weigh and carefully select foods from the database, don't ever use homemade entries, double-check entries that are starred etc
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I currently in take less than 1200 a day & I don't eat back any calories from exercise as I wasn't sure actually how accurate mfp is

that is not good!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ]

that is not good![/quote]

Can I ask why that's not good ?
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat well and some times i eat a quarter or half of what i burn.