Forgive me MFP for I have sinned!

Options
Just started logging since Tuesday and did good for 3 days but today I over-ate by over 1000 calories!!! It wasn't a self control issue, I just let my guard down and didn't pay attention. It's creepy how easy it is to stick food in your mouth without realizing. Does anyone else go through this???

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    4 years here (pregnancy in there somewhere), nearly 80lbs lost and still do it.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    We were busy traveling this week, working, constantly running around. I ate more fast food this week than I do in a year!
  • checholin
    checholin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had finished a bag of potato chips when I realized I was eating it, then I did it again during dinner with 3 pork ribs which i decided not to eat when I first Sat down, and finally I finished a tub of dried mangoes before bed that I don't remember opening. This app is a real eye opener!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Eating 3 meals a day without the option for snacking has practically cured my mindless eating.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a habit you need to break.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Part of MFP is learning and getting used to how much you are eating and how much you actually need. log it and move on. Do a bit extra execise if you feel that guilty.
  • charcharrenee
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Eating 3 meals a day without the option for snacking has practically cured my mindless eating.

Same! And I make sure the meals are 4 hours apart. It's just what worked for me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have found it helpful to be more mindful by pre-logging my food for the day. I plan 3 meals and 1-2 snacks each day. I usually stick to my plan that way.
    I also find it helpful to put my measured portion into a bowl or on a plate instead of eating from containers. I leave the rest of the food in the kitchen and go to the dining table to eat.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pull your boot straps up and get back to it!