Setpoint

Options
My weight has been trending down. I get within a pound or two of goal range and bam! Weight goes back up. Yes, I have dietary set backs . I need ideas hoe to get over the hump!

Replies

• lalamoose64
    lalamoose64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How to get over the hump
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I kinda have to trick my body. I had bariatric surgery about 18 months ago and I've hit plateau twice! Ive attended countless nutrition classes that explain plateau and how to breech it. I go weeks of loosing at least a half pound /3lbs a week and suddenly my body stops responding I know one or two has happened. My body has adjusted to my routine and I need to beef up the protein without caloric spike or I do the exact opposite to refill my glycol level. We have normally 2lbs of glycol and 8lbs of water. So as we diet our bodies use this as fuel to compensate you may have heard of "kicking into survival mode " this can only happen as long as you have reserve! So what I will do is have a real Nasty day as far as calories.. Eat some chicken wings and a piece of pizza with a salad and some feroen yougart with frozen blueberries.. gotta get some good fat/sugar and bad! This allows your body to re absorb some glycol and water bc that pizza and wings are loaded with sodium or what ever your cheat food is. The very next day.. DROP your caloric /fat/ carb intake. Get back on your diet and roll it hard. High protein to burn FAT... not water / glycol... this also promotes muscle health which is essentially 99% of what you need to burn fat!!

3 small meals 2/3 100 calorie protein shakes!! You can do it!! Just remember HIGH PROTEIN!!
  • lalamoose64
    Options
    Excellent explanation. Thanks & continued success!
  • lalamoose64
    Options
    Just found MFP Blog with nutritionist Ellen. Read her nutrition 101 series, it explains everything. AKA "ain't no easy fix"