Pear Shape Ladies!

Options
Those who have already lost a weight, when did you notice your thighs and butt getting smaller?

I've lost 33lbs and have another 7-10lbs until I hit my goal. I'm 5'4ft and weigh 9s 5lbs. I'm very small on the top half, but my bottom end is still quite big and I look out of proportion. I workout every day as I follow Jilllian Michaels dvds.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    My waist keeps getting smaller but my legs and butt are barely budging. I can hoolahoop with my pants now. It's rather irritating.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Haha this is me! I've lost 44 pounds (I'm 5'5" and 137 pounds) and would, in theory, like to lose another 10-20. I've gotten super small up top, but my thighs, butt, and hips are losing a slower rate. Granted, they ARE getting smaller. Taking measurements was so important for me to at least see a change. At this point my ultimate goal weight doesn't even matter, but I will stop when I am happy with where my lower half is at.
  • chasingyouu
    chasingyouu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my belly getting smaller and my hip-dip getting less obvious, but my legs remain the same! I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never be able to change my body shape so I might as well love it :) as long as I can feel confident in my body, I don't care how big my thighs are!
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am the classic pear shape. I feel ya. I usually run or lift weights, but I've started to add the stair machine to my routine. That seems to have helped targeting some of my saddlebags and butt fat (tho I've noticed my midsection is now flabbier). I hope that with more weight loss I'll even out haha
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am an official marvel superhero miss thunderpower. This relates to my hips and thighs which always have magical power to remain while the rest of my body gets shrunk by half. I was down to a very tiny bust and waist last time l got down to my ideal weight but the lower part of my body defied the loss. Good luck to all pear shapes we have a mission lol
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same here...ugh. My thighs have always forced me to buy bigger pants that I've then needed a belt for so that they stayed anywhere near my waist. People always thought that I'd lost weight before I started to just because my pants would be so huge for my waist, but no, just my huge butt and thighs require special treatment. -_-
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For me, losing weight through dieting doesn't make much of a difference on them. But walking, jogging, stair-climbing (at home) really make them "melt". But I have to commit for a month at least to see results.