First areas?

Options
Where did you notice you started losing weight? I've lost almost 12 lbs now...I can't really tell a difference ( I'm pretty sure my scale isn't lying to me) so I've lost it but I'm not sure where lol...I think my chest area looks a little smaller but I really can't tell...guess I should be using a measuring tape

Replies

• Magen_rutland
    Magen_rutland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to notice any difference..... but I've noticed on my chest and upper arms now.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are feeling it in your clothes. 12 lbs is huge and sometimes we don't see it in ourselves but I bet if you tried carrying around 12 lbs of potatoes for an hour or so you would certainly feel the difference!
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13lbs and my pants are definitely lose. I've also noticed that my arms and face look more lean.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My face, neck and chest are always first and then my calves and thighs.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    my face. i can look in the mirror and tell if i am up a few pounds or down a few pounds. and my belly. i don't weigh myself anymore, or take measurements, so it is all about what i see in the mirror and how my clothes fit.

congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
  • alishadunham94
    alishadunham94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I know it's usually hard for you or someone else to tell a difference when they see you everyday
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I'm a top-down kinda girl, which is really quite sad, since I'm a bottom up gainer. >_< My face thins out, I lose my boobs, and THEN AND ONLY THEN do I start losing my gut.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Definitely measure...looking at myself, I dont feel like Ive lost anything at all even though Im 9lbs down. Ive lost a smidgen here and there on my lower body which is what Im focused on, but my upper body..huge difference.

Not exactly a win though...I need MORE breasts..not LESS!!! Im now swimming in my bras. Sucks. But whatever... Point is, even though I feel like my lower body isnt budging, the tape measure doesnt lie. Progress is progress.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My collarbone first. Then, my cheeks.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ...my *face* cheeks lol
  • fishjetski
    Options
    I've lost 25kgs and I first lost it from my tummy area, then some from bum and chest then thighs seemed to be last. Then it become more evident in my face and the cycle continued.
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Always the chest hips and thighs very last sadly
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Usually my calves look the best first. Likely because I do a lot of HIIT and the legs get the best work out from that. I wish my arms would tone up! Seems like those are the last to do anything and it's frustrating because that's the one thing I want to look better the most!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any exercise along with weight loss? Although it's not needed for weight loss, dieting alone will usually just portray a smaller version of your current self.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    50452 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The tightness of my clothes. 5 lbs is enough to make tight fitting pants fit just right. 10 to 12 lbs and I may even go down a size. I'm about 40 lbs overweight so YMMV.