Is it really possible to gain 10 pound in 1 week ?

Options
2»

Replies

• bobby5112
    bobby5112 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank You for all of your replies . .
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    MidwaysT wrote: »
    I have been gaining .5-1 pound a day since last Monday. When you add the 2 pound I usually lose in a week, I am up 8 pounds in about 10 days while in a calorie deficit. I know some of it is water because my feet are puffy, but my goodness. I can imagine your frustration.

@MidwaysT‌ That is a significant amount of weight to gain on a daily basis!
    Do you know why this is happening? ?
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    MidwaysT wrote: »
    I have been gaining .5-1 pound a day since last Monday. When you add the 2 pound I usually lose in a week, I am up 8 pounds in about 10 days while in a calorie deficit. I know some of it is water because my feet are puffy, but my goodness. I can imagine your frustration.

@MidwaysT‌ That is a significant amount of weight to gain on a daily basis!
    Do you know why this is happening? ?

My guess is my TOM is approaching and I consumed a lot of drinks Saturday, which caused extra water retention. I will give it a week to see if improvements occur.
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I gain weight VERY easily. I have gained 10 pounds in one week! I think it would depend a lot on your metabolism.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    In order to gain ten pounds of FAT you would need a caloric surplus of 35,000 calories. That is quite a feat.

For the low carb crowd, much of the weight lost is water weight because every gram of glycogen in the muscles is accompanied by 2-3 grams of water. Lost that one gram of carb in the muscles results in lost water weight. Once you replenish the glycogen supplies, the water weight returns out of necessity. It isn't fat.
  • beautyzlight
    Options
    Water weight chica