Diet plan for 1200 cals a day

Options
help me make a diet plan for 1200 calories a day

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Do you plan to exercise? MFP plans for you to eat back the calories you burn off from exercise (but you don't need to eat them all, since they may be overestimated -- maybe half or so).

So if you're planning to burn 300 a day, then maybe plan to eat 1350 calories.

When do you usually eat the most? Get the most hungry? Many people tend to eat more in the evenings, so they plan to eat more in the evenings. If you're a snacker, you'll need to plan for snacks. If not, you can allocate your cals to meals. Make a rough calorie budget. Like this:

Breakfast + Coffee: 300
    Lunch: 350
    Afternoon snack: 125
    Dinner: 450
    Evening snack: 125

It doesn't matter HOW you divide the calories, because it doesn't matter when you eat.

To help combat hunger, every meal should have fat and protein. Snacks too, if you can.

I don't know what you like to eat. But there's no good or bad meal plan -- find foods you like that you can fit into your calorie budget, and that help keep you full.

Websites like skinnytaste or Hungry Girl have low cal ideas.

If you haven't already, go pick up a kitchen food scale. It will help you a lot with accuracy.
  • bs12b4s
    bs12b4s Posts: 9
    Options
    Porridge for breakfast
    Tuna salad for lunch
    Homemade dishes for dinner, I like to make healthy stir fries, curries, any meat and veg dishes really just watch carbs and extras like cheese.
    Snack on fruit, yoghurt, nuts. I love Scottish oatcakes because they're really filling.