my progress so far

Options
1triciakae
1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
I am currently participating in a 6 month medically supervised weight loss program to get the gastric sleeve procedure. I am now into the 5th month. Basically i have been watching what i eat and logging and i exercise 6 days a week. I have lost a total of 31 pounds so far. I feel i have so much more energy.
starting weight first picture 325 i do believe. Second picture 293. i have along ways to go but i am motivated to get there.

I would love to see any sleevers progress and stories if you are willing to share. knb2jwi0arzw.jpg
zb82f0fzeu1i.jpg
yslk3mo5ssyx.jpg

Replies

• Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! My sister has a gastric sleeve. She started at over 300lbs and lost 100lbs fairly quickly. She didn't change really anything else so she has stayed around 200lbs for some time now. Some people have really criticized for getting the sleeve in the first place and for not really trying otherwise. I feel that she is better off at 200lbs than she was at 300lbs and if she hadn't had this done she would like have continued to get larger. People can be critical and judge. What works for one person doesn't work for others. I know a sleeve wouldn't work for me but I feel it was the best choice for my sister. All the best with your journey!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow!That is great! Congratulations on what u have achieved so far. I have a question - you are doing so super good by working out and eating right, what makes you not want to continue as you are as opposed to submitting to a surgery where there are risks involved? Just a thought....but whatever you decide I wish u the best and congrats again.
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow!That is great! Congratulations on what u have achieved so far. I have a question - you are doing so super good by working out and eating right, what makes you not want to continue as you are as opposed to submitting to a surgery where there are risks involved? Just a thought....but whatever you decide I wish u the best and congrats again.

Honestly my fear is I will slip and gain the weight back. I have tried many times to lose weight and I would gain it back. I fear if I am not being held accountable by someone then I will slip. I want to try and prevent that so I can get my health back and do things with my family. Thank you for your kind words.
  • FRiNADA
    FRiNADA Posts: 67
    Options
    wow that's awesome! Your belly and thighs shrunk dramatically! Kicking butt girl! Just keep doing what you're doing and don't look back! This is the new you.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Honestly my fear is I will slip and gain the weight back. I have tried many times to lose weight and I would gain it back. I fear if I am not being held accountable by someone then I will slip. I want to try and prevent that so I can get my health back and do things with my family. Thank you for your kind words.
    [/quote]

I don't know exactly what the procedure is. I know people who got the gastric bypass and have gained much of the weight back, but maybe the procedure you are having is different. If you decide to keep going this way instead (diet with MFP) there are a lot of people who are very supportive and encourage accountability! Either way, best wishes to you and congratulations on your current success! Thanks also for sharing your story! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!