Good sense of humor? Kind? Animal lover? Or just awesome in general? Please be my friend!

Options
MissusHay
MissusHay Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi!

I'm a 35-year-old married freelance writer who loves animals and hates being plump. I'm new and would love some friends to commiserate with when it comes to forgoing linebacker-sized portions, carb comas, and marathon couch surfing.

If you need to ask me a few questions to screen my friend-worthiness, I'll be happy to answer.
:smile:

I hope you're having a great day!

Replies

• Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi Lady! I am new to this. I have three Kitty Babies. I work for a Network TV Station and I too am just starting this journey. Would love to have some new friends to help cheer me on and as well as cheer them on!
  • weightgoals2015
    Options
    Hey. I have three cats and a pug. I'm just starting out on here but I've previously lost 75 pounds. I'd love to meet some new friends and share tips :)
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 year old husky/lab mix who loves to hike with me. I've been doing this for 6 months now and have really enjoyed this app and the friends I have on here. Good job for starting.
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like animals, although I am not proactively involved in caring for one or supporting a cause; however, feel free to add me! I'm in the smaller demographic population-wise on mfp, but I've gone through ED's, tried a bunch of ridiculous diets (and eating timings) that resulted in me finally just sitting down and reading a lot. I'd be able to empathize cravings, and offer (unprofessional) advice if you'd want it!
  • jimclaybaugh
    jimclaybaugh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am new, too. Just started this journey, and being in between jobs right now, I'm using the time to work out. Regarding sense if humor, while I think I am hilarious, it seems my humor appeals to to a very limited demographic... namely me!

I just started budging the needle on weight and fitness goals. I love this app that tracks diet and calories; it's been really helpful. Best of luck to both of you and, if I may, I'd like to share my chant I began using on the treadmill that seems to help... "Just keep movin'."
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi there to all the ladies. I have three Labrador retrievers and one cat (rather psycho kitty)!

Line backer side portions are my new thing of the past... thank goodness..

I have been in many many carb comas (I love this analogy ...lol) and I have been known to be the marathon couch surfer and not just for 24 hours... hehe

PLease feel free to add me as a MFP friend.. you gals got this and you are in the right place and asking for support and motivation is never a bad thing...

I have been here since October 2014 and still going....

• steveadams2015
    steveadams2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good sense of humour? You have to be the judge, my mum has always told me I'm too kind for my own good. Love certain animals except those that wish to cause me harm. I've been called many names in my life but don't remember ever being called awesome, then again not a commonly used work in the uk. Fed up with being a couch potato eating and drinking that what I know to be bad, joined MFP to become the man of my dreams :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I love animals, have 7 rescue kitties and 1 bunny.