Looking for new friends!! F/30/5'3" CW=224lbs GW=150lbs

Options
Hello! My name is Anna and I'm a Canadian EFL teacher living in South Korea. I've been on MFP tracking my keto/HFLC diet for the past week. I really find this site to be very good in keeping me honest. I also have an instagram and a fitblog on tumblr.

I've been considering doing intermittent fasting (5:2) or the 18:6/LeanGains diet system. If you're interested in any of the below, please feel free to add me as a friend!

- travelling to new places (or at least imagining them!)
- hoping to one day wear shorts! (my biggest clothing/body "shame trigger")
- like to watch scary movies and TV shows (preferably with someone else there :P)
- trying out new sports (I'm currently training in Hapkido while in Korea)
- curious about keto/High Fat Low Carb/paleo diets
- a true lover of tea
- a hopeless animal lover (if only I had a big house - there'll be cats and dogs everywhere!)
- possibly a teacher or educator
- enjoy taking in the beauty of nature (those strange people who stop on the sidewalk to admire the cherry blossoms)
- an ardent cheese lover! (this is true, I love it beyond all other things... maybe except for my husband..maybe)
- interested in making caring, supporting friendships with "internet friends" from around the world, regardless of age, gender, "health status" or anything else!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna :) Welcome!
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 28 and live in the southeast US. MFP is quite useful, especially when you're trying to hit specific macro goals or limits. I've lost most of my weight on the typical lower fat, more veggies, decent protein thing. It works, but sometimes you have to customize your intake to how your body processes what you put in it.

So I'm currently experimenting with keto to see how I feel, still only a couple weeks in but I'm liking it so far. I've always had hormonal imbalances including horrible cystic acne, but it seems to have lessened with the reduction in insulin production. My face was always oily, but sometimes it even gets dry now. Same for my hair, it would be oily the day after washing it, but it looks just fine the second and even third day now because of decreased oil production. No face wash or shampoo ever showed this much promise.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a nerd, into video games, anime, manga/manhwa. And Korean dramas as well, I rarely watch American shows. I like the format much better, when a show has a definite beginning and end you can get a more satisfying plot with fewer loose ends.

I studied Japanese in university, tried to independently study Korean but it's difficult without a native speaker to correct me. I also have many online friends from around the world, sent out New Years cards one year to numerous different countries.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Same boat! F/31/5'3"/CW 239, GW 140. 10 lbs down since January 25.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you on your strategy, but aparently I have a personality type that doesn't tolerate diets/systems very well lol
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lol Add me I'm 5'4, 198, GW 150
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rose. Please add me, too. I'm new, only 3 days in. I'm 5'1", CW: 203, GW:130. I can only help with encouragement. My two strategies are keeping to my food goals and adding exercises like walking and swimming at a leisurely pace. Hopefully, my pace will increase with decreased size and weight.
  • VagablondViking
    VagablondViking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'11" and 240. Goal 160. Add me if you like :o)

• hoard23r
    hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi we are about the same size and we have the same goal I'm 39 5'7 and 220 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • annakadabra_
    annakadabra_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks so much for posting on here, you all sounds lovely!!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    - currently travelling around Australia.
    - I usually wear shorts (short ones), but am working on transitioning to skirts and dresses.
    - I went through a zombie movie phase which has scarred me for life
    - i usually go to the gym 6 days a week but when I get back to Melbourne AUS, I want to finish my Krav Maga training and try crossfit or roller derby.
    - I am studying nutrition and have a keen interest in keto/low carb/paleo diets
    - You should see how many varieties of tea we have in the house... LOVE TEA
    - we have two cats that we miss. one more year and we'll be home for cuddles
    - i hope to be an educator of good nutrition once I finish my course.
    - LOVE CHEESE! obsessed with chevre at the moment - especially on an omelette with asparagus.

=)
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Anna and I'm a Canadian EFL teacher living in South Korea. I've been on MFP tracking my keto/HFLC diet for the past week. I really find this site to be very good in keeping me honest. I also have an instagram and a fitblog on tumblr.

I've been considering doing intermittent fasting (5:2) or the 18:6/LeanGains diet system. If you're interested in any of the below, please feel free to add me as a friend!

- travelling to new places (or at least imagining them!)
    - hoping to one day wear shorts! (my biggest clothing/body "shame trigger")
    - like to watch scary movies and TV shows (preferably with someone else there :P)
    - trying out new sports (I'm currently training in Hapkido while in Korea)
    - curious about keto/High Fat Low Carb/paleo diets
    - a true lover of tea
    - a hopeless animal lover (if only I had a big house - there'll be cats and dogs everywhere!)
    - possibly a teacher or educator
    - enjoy taking in the beauty of nature (those strange people who stop on the sidewalk to admire the cherry blossoms)
    - an ardent cheese lover! (this is true, I love it beyond all other things... maybe except for my husband..maybe)
    - interested in making caring, supporting friendships with "internet friends" from around the world, regardless of age, gender, "health status" or anything else!

Traveling: Check! I'm planning a trip to Japan! So excited!
    Wear shorts: I do anyway. ;P
    Scary Movies: YES PLEASE!! Clown looks good, am I right?!
    Sports: I just want to go back to the sports I played as a kid. Baseball, soccer, football, and throw in some hiking (I'm a sucker for nature)
    Curious: I'm trying Paleo for the first time. I'm not nearly as cranky as I thought I'd be. XD
    Tea: Freaking love the stuff!! Want to buy a tea maker, so expensive though. :/
    Animals: I have 2 cats, a dog and a handful of backyard chickens. Want dairy goats, Alpacas, a couple horses and Angora Rabbits.
    Teacher: It was between teacher and Paramedic. I'm going with Paramedic once I save up money for school, but I have a high regard for teachers. My 6th grade teacher was so important to me, he and his wife were invited to my wedding. :)
    Nature: See "Sports"
    Cheese: This is more my husbands weakness, but I do enjoy me some cheese. ;)
    Friends: You bet your socks! :)

giphy.gif

• AmyH2323
    AmyH2323 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anna- feel free to add me. I am from Illinois (ST. Louis area) I am 48 and currently my goal is to reach 199. I have been doing low carb since Nov. 7th and have lost 38 pounds. I still have 33 to go.
    -