Ready to Get Serious in Vancouver, BC

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm Ruby, 23 from Vancouver, BC. Bit about me, I weigh 313lbs, decided to really go for broke and do 100lbs gradually. I've decided enough is enough, I want to feel better about myself and my life. I've never used this before, but it's been highly advised I do so.

I'm looking for friends, especially people in my area. People who want to drop a lot, like me. Advice on how not to burn out too soon. Any pitfalls I should watch out for when using the tracker? Things like that. if you wish, feel free to add me. My profile explains in much better detail what I'm doing and where I've come from. I just want to do this with some seriousness. If this works, great! If not, it didn't hurt me to try.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP- You've got this!
  • BlackRoseSin
    BlackRoseSin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks :3 It's scary, being honest. I go through cycles of bad eating habits. This is my attempt at breaking the cycles, setting myself onto a decent path.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool and a great community...for the most part. Congratulations on taking this first step and for losing your first 2 pounds! There's a lot of great information on the discussion boards - try and read all of the sticky's (the discussions in bold at the top of the first page of each of the message boards).

I'm also from Vancouver - I'm in Cloverdale :)
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm very close to your starting weight! And I'm located in Surrey. I finally got into the 200's, got sick, stopped working out for a week with a unhealthy diet so I'm ready to get back on track again! We can both do this!
  • BlackRoseSin
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great tool and a great community...for the most part. Congratulations on taking this first step and for losing your first 2 pounds! There's a lot of great information on the discussion boards - try and read all of the sticky's (the discussions in bold at the top of the first page of each of the message boards).

I'm also from Vancouver - I'm in Cloverdale :)

Hi Jennifer! I've already looked at the stickies, the math seemed to confuse me in some fo them. :s However, the rest of the advice was sound.
  • BlackRoseSin
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    I'm very close to your starting weight! And I'm located in Surrey. I finally got into the 200's, got sick, stopped working out for a week with a unhealthy diet so I'm ready to get back on track again! We can both do this!

Wow, that's kind of neat. >.> <.< Truth be told, I'm in Surrey too. I just prefer saying Vancouver. I'm finding I have to force myself to eat... Ugh. I hate it. I really do. I could use some support going through this. It's really damn hard...
  • MizzMaamI1
    Options

Wow, that's kind of neat. >.> <.< Truth be told, I'm in Surrey too. I just prefer saying Vancouver. I'm finding I have to force myself to eat... Ugh. I hate it. I really do. I could use some support going through this. It's really damn hard...[/quote]

Yeah Surrey just doesn't have a good ring to it :p

It is super hard! Sometimes I'm conflicted with my love for food and sometimes forget the bigger picture.

Let's support each other!!! Can I add you?!
  • MizzMaamI1
    Options
    Do you go to a gym? I got to platinum and they have great child minding there! If you have little ones :p I would love a workout partner :)
  • BlackRoseSin
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    Do you go to a gym? I got to platinum and they have great child minding there! If you have little ones :p I would love a workout partner :)

Sent a request. I don't have little ones. Not a gym bunny- and when I do go, it's to the local rec center. Cheaper and just as good :)
  • kittenpickles
    kittenpickles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruby! I'm new too, I spend lots of time in BC, but I'm Bellingham/Seattle :) I lost 107 back in 2010 so I know where you're at, you can do this!
  • BlackRoseSin
    Options
    Thanks kittenpickles! It's already proving to have it's ups and downs but that's how life goes, right?