30 day slim down - jillian michaels challenge

Options
I just finished up Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and was trying to figure out a new 30 day challenge. They seem to work for me to keep up my motivation. I tried t25 for a few days but missed the weight work with jm. I have decided to try the 30 day slim down. It is a mix of 3 jillian michaels dvds. The 30 day shred; no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism. You will also need a set of weights. 3lbs, 5 lbs or whatever works for your fitness level. I'll post the workout schedule next. If anyone is interested in doing it too.

Replies

• erock115
    erock115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's the workout if anyone is interested

Day 1: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 2: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 3: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 4: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 5: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 6: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 7: DAY OFF

DAY 8: 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

DAY 9: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 10: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11: 3O DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 12: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 13: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 14: DAY OFF

DAY 15: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 16: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 17: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 18: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 19: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 20: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21: DAY OFF

DAY 22: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 23: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 24: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 25: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 26: DAY OFF

DAY 27: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 29: 30 SHRED LEVEL 2
    30 SHRED LEVEL 1

DAY 30: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Since you like 30 day challenges, you could also look up fitnessblender :) They have a good few 4 - 8 week programs that you might enjoy and most have a main focus on weight work.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good luck, that looks positively tough. BFBM is my nemesis. I hate it the whole time I'm doing but love the feeling when I'm done, it also gets results. NMTZ is my fav. But both combined on Day 28? Looong workout there
  • erock115
    Options
    I am scared a bit. Going from 25 min of shred to the longer work outs. But I gotta get this baby weight off. After being hugely pregnant all summer last year (topped at 205lbs), i just want to fit in my summer shorts this year. I still have at least 25 lbs for my clothes to fit, but would like to lose 35 lbs ultimately. I lost 7 lbs doing the shred and am hoping to lose at least 7 more doing this. I am currently at 165 and I really need to tighten up my diet. It was my birthday last weekend and I have gotten a bit lax with food.
  • erock115
    Options
    Since you like 30 day challenges, you could also look up fitnessblender :) They have a good few 4 - 8 week programs that you might enjoy and most have a main focus on weight work.

After this maybe I'll give fitness blender a try. I am a little slow with learning moves and would worry that I'd be spend alot of time figuring out the moves with new workouts everyday. But it does sound like a good option when I get bored.
  • ajclemens07
    ajclemens07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gotta say I have several Jillian michaels DVDs , I love them . They really work for me . I love having a set routine done for me as oppose to going to gym and doing one on my own . Her DVDs keep me motivated from start to finish !!
  • jlcbooth
    jlcbooth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am doing the beginner shred workouts now, started about 2 weeks ago. I am not seeing any results yet - I am also eating healthier - but I do like them and I like that they are 20 minutes. I had a baby 8 months ago and have a tummy I really want to see get smaller. Hoping to lose 20lbs by July 1.
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just read everyones posts and wanted to put in my 2 cents... Im currently on week 10 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It is extremely challenging and I have lost 15 inches all over. Not much lbs. but that's my own fault...teehee. Anyways for a small investment it is a great DVD set to add to your library.
  • erock115
    Options
    cbraun133 wrote: »
    I just read everyones posts and wanted to put in my 2 cents... Im currently on week 10 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It is extremely challenging and I have lost 15 inches all over. Not much lbs. but that's my own fault...teehee. Anyways for a small investment it is a great DVD set to add to your library.

Great job sticking with it. Have you done any other of jms dvds? Do you think the phase 1 of the body revolution is a good place to start if you have been exercising for a while?
  • Puti98
    Puti98 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 days shred and even Jilliam Michele's 6 pack workouts. I've don't beach body's P90 (not p90x) for a little over 2 wks and need to switch it up. I'm not dropping my goal 1.5 lbs per wk anymore, so figured this is a good way to switch it up. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get through these workouts, or if it'll turn me off because it's too hard.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • Puti98
    Options
    *a little over 2 months, not weeks.
  • erock115
    Options
    I would think you would do fine with the 30day shred after working out for 2 months. Is p90 90 minutes? The shred workouts are only 25 min with weights. I think you can find them online for free. I have a dvd but one of the other groups I'm in said they watch online. If you feel like youre in pretty good shape you might want to try alternating jms no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism. They are a little harder and 40 min. Also ripped in 30 is harder than the shred and only 25 min
  • Puti98
    Options
    Thanks @erock115‌ ! That was really helpful! Where do they watch them online? I was thinking of just paying for Amazon prime so I can use instant video and have different options. P90 was out before p90x and not as hard, the phase 3-4 workouts are about 35-40 minutes.
  • erock115
    Options
    @puti98 Maybe check on youtube
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this calendar lately?