Halloumi

Options
I have some halloumi cheese and I am not really sure what to do with it, any ideas ?

Thanks

Replies

• ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would chop a bunch of vegetables- eggplant, butternut squash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, zuchinni, etc. Spray with oil and season (I bet oregano and garlic would be great- and a little salt and pepper to help heat distribute). Roast at 350 for 30 mins or so, until cooked- toss halfway through. Then toss through chickpeas and lay slices of halloumi on top and bake until it's golden (doesn't 'melt' but does cook). Delicious!

Or make portabello mushroom "cheeseburgers" (just grill the mushrooms with the cheese on top, and put on a bun spread with a little pesto and fresh tomato. Or kebab skewars- vegetable and cheese on sticks, and grill. Then stuff in a pita with hummus and salad.

Now I want halloumi...mmm...
  • sozaa
    sozaa Posts: 1
    Options
    cut some tomato , olives , oregano , olive oil , hallom put it in a sandwich and in oven or roaster for 1 min it's Yummy
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cut it into thick slices, and press each side into some sesame seeds. Fry each slice in a hot pan ( no oil), until the seeds get toasty. Serve with a salad - my OH really loves this with a hot dressing made by bubbling wine vinegar and mango chutney together in the pan for 30 seconds, after the cheese slices have been removed.
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's great on the BBQ - I just cut it into large cubes and put it on a skewer with cherry tomatoes then serve with a salad or as an accompaniment to whatever we're having
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    grilled or pan fried halloumi is the best!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's great on the BBQ - I just cut it into large cubes and put it on a skewer with cherry tomatoes then serve with a salad or as an accompaniment to whatever we're having

I do the same :)
  • bertha2010
    bertha2010 Posts: 8
    Options
    Great, thankyou I like the sound of all these :-)