In my 20s and still love the bar scene

Options
Help! My typical social life on weekends includes meeting up with friends at bars! Not having a drink or two just isn't feasible.. What are so low calorie options that won't kill my progress for the day??

Feel free to friend me, I love the motivation!

Replies

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Any hard liquor with diet soda or club soda, light beer(michelob ultra, Busch light, miller light,labatt light, budweiser select)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the cocktails of deliciousness :neutral_face:
    Vodka and cranberry/soda :drinker:
  • justincook
    justincook Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Diet coke with lime works pretty good for me.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Spirits with a no calorie mixer are your friend, but whatever you drink will probably have a good few calories in it - on days you know you'll be drinking try and be a bit under before you go out so you don't go over your goals by the end of the night (or consume a bit less over the week and make it a weekly average which includes alcohol).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Help! My typical social life on weekends includes meeting up with friends at bars! Not having a drink or two just isn't feasible.. What are so low calorie options that won't kill my progress for the day??

Feel free to friend me, I love the motivation!

Are you the one on the left or the right?
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke (use a spiced Rum for a little extra kick): 84 to 97 calories depending on brand per 1½ oz.
    Sea Breeze: 4 oz. of Grapefruit Juice, 1½ oz. of Cranberry Juice, and 1 oz. of Vodka about 180 calories.
    Vanilla Vodka and Diet Ginger Ale: 1½ oz vanilla vodka then fill rocks glass with diet Ginger Ale, tastes like a slice of cake and about 90 calories.
    Tequila and Soda: 1½ oz. Tequila, fill Collins glass with Soda, add a Lime twist about 96 calories
    Champagne: 4 oz, is 85 to 100 calories depending on brand
    Sour-Apple Martini: 2 ½ oz. Sour Mix and 3/4 oz. each Vodka and Sour Apple Liqueur about 160 calories
    Vodka and Diet Sprite or Diet 7Up: 1½ oz. Vodka, fill Collins glass with Diet beverage, add a Lime twist about 90 calories
  • darthbandit
    darthbandit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Super helpful!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much over it with going out to drink all the time like I used to, so if I have a lot of social things to do,I end up just having soda water with lime.

Or, Ill get a beer, and nurse the heck out of it..then switch to soda water with lime.

If I really do want to drink though, I stick to clear, vodka with a *splash* of cranberry...nothing more than a splash. Or gin and tonic, but it was pointed out to me that tonic is actually pretty high calorie.

There was a recent thread here, as in from yesterday, from someone asking this and she got a ton of good responses as well, if you can find it.

Suggestions I remember from that one though are a vodka soda with lime, or a gin soda with lime. Also, for a wine drinker, to have a wine spritzer..wine with soda water...but wouldnt work with reds or dry wines.