Less than 1,200 calories a day!

Options
I'm 5'1 CW: 135. I eat less than 1200 calories a day and drink TONS of water... But I still don't see scale changing? .. Deal with low self esteem! Help? I run 30-50 mins 5 days a week. How long will it take to my weight goal? 118.

Replies

• ken14445
    ken14445 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?
  • hancy_caceres
    hancy_caceres Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Probably a month and a half.. I have lost weight.. 20 pounds maybe.. I started counting calories one week ago..
  • ambershirib123
    Options
    I am in your same boat with you, goodluck on your goal, you can do it!!!
  • hancy_caceres
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No. No no no no no no no.

First, 20 lbs in a month an a half is a ridiculous amount of weight lost. It's much too fast.

Second, eating under 1200 calories a day is dangerous, especially when you are running that much. You need to eat more.

Third, I would really suggest speaking to a professional. I'm not going to diagnose you, but low self-esteem, the want to rapidly lose weight, and not eating enough is a recipe for disaster. You don't need MyFitnessPal. Please get help.

• BackbeattheFire
    BackbeattheFire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No. No no no no no no no.

First, 20 lbs in a month an a half is a ridiculous amount of weight lost. It's much too fast.

Second, eating under 1200 calories a day is dangerous, especially when you are running that much. You need to eat more.

Third, I would really suggest speaking to a professional. I'm not going to diagnose you, but low self-esteem, the want to rapidly lose weight, and not eating enough is a recipe for disaster. You don't need MyFitnessPal. Please get help.

This.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    eat more.
  • hancy_caceres
    Options
    How do I deal with feeling bad after I eat a meal!?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Food is food. It should not make you feel bad. Food is fuel.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Under 1200 is low, it's pretty unlikely you're going to be getting all the vitamins/macros you need to stay healthy with that little food. How long has it been since the scale moved? Sometimes it can take a while even though you're doing everything correctly, and weight fluctuations happen regardless of how much you're eating and both of these things can obscure weight loss, plus weight can go a bit odd depending on the time of the month if you're a girl due to water retention (regardless of how much you're drinking). If it hasn't been over a few weeks of no change I honestly wouldn't worry about it yet.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel bad after eating a meal. You might be plateau'ing, leveling off because you are closer to your goal weight. Usually, early weight loss comes off very fast, but as you get closer to the goal, you lose at a slower rate, maybe a .5 to 1 lb. a week. You're very young and active so 1200 is pretty low. I eat more than that myself and you're my height, but I'm old enough to be your mother. I'm losing between .5 and 1 lb. a week, and have leveled off around 120-122.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Realise that food is good and is giving your body important nutrition. Dont demonise food, do learn how to moderate your intake so you get the balance of eating a healthy diet that gives you nutrition at a deficit that will enable you to lose weight.

20lbs in a month is way too steep, which would have me thinking you arent just eating 1200, you are starving yourself whicch is un healthy and you have a poor relationship with food. You should talk to your Dr or one of the charities who deal with this sort of thing.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Get help.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Do you feel bad when you've driven a couple hundred miles and need to put more gas in your car?

If you really feel "bad" after eating a meal, you might need to speak with a doctor.

• anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love that!! Do you feel guilty when youve driven a couple hundred miles and need to put more gas in your car? Thats brilliant!
  • hancy_caceres
    Options
    Thank you everyone...