What inspired you to keep going?

Options
jjasmelon
jjasmelon Posts: 101
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
We all usually hit those moments when we just want to give in to some cake or eat loads! This can usually lead to completely abandoning the whole calorie controlling... Has happened to me numerous of times! But so far been able to get back on track after a 1 week phase of binge eating. Been on MFP for over 2 months now...

What was the thing or things that kept you going? Mine is the ultimate desire to look good naked and to have greater confidence in clothes. This thought inspires me daily..

Replies

• tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i have fatty liver disease so I have no desire to continue eating like I was...loosing weight and eating healthier is my goal.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Seeing progress even when no one else did.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was told i couldn't get back to my high school weight. I've lost 30 and have 30 to go. The in your face moment is what I live for.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I want to be the healthiest version of me. And, in my vainest moments, I love the compliments I get on my progress.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been a great inspiration to me. She has done really good with MFP. The other thing that inspires me to keep going is the success stories and motivation and support group here.

Also my current doctor has been very supportive of my efforts in losing weight.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Quite bloody minded, determined and stubborn so failure isnt on the agenda.
  • AmyH2323
    AmyH2323 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I put on my jeans and they are a little bigger even if I have not had a change on the scales.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use "Why" power. Why do you want to get healthy? My why is my family and especially my grandchildren. I was 450 in August 2014. I was a few extra lbs away from not being able to work. I am a butcher so I am on me feet all day. If I can't work I will lose my home and end up in a little apartment while my wife works and me eating myself to death. I likely would not have lived very long under those circumstances. Let's be honest, how many 500 lbs old guys do you know. I didn't want my wife and children to have to explain to my granddaughters that there Pop loved them very much but couldn't get his health under control. I did not want that to be my legacy. I am rewriting my story. I am only 46 and I want to see my grandchildren get married and have family's of there own. I have lost 127 lbs with 123 to go. I will absolutely reach my goals. If anyone would like some additional support feel free to add me. Sorry for the long post. Good Luck to all.
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    I use "Why" power. Why do you want to get healthy? My why is my family and especially my grandchildren. I was 450 in August 2014. I was a few extra lbs away from not being able to work. I am a butcher so I am on me feet all day. If I can't work I will lose my home and end up in a little apartment while my wife works and me eating myself to death. I likely would not have lived very long under those circumstances. Let's be honest, how many 500 lbs old guys do you know. I didn't want my wife and children to have to explain to my granddaughters that there Pop loved them very much but couldn't get his health under control. I did not want that to be my legacy. I am rewriting my story. I am only 46 and I want to see my grandchildren get married and have family's of there own. I have lost 127 lbs with 123 to go. I will absolutely reach my goals. If anyone would like some additional support feel free to add me. Sorry for the long post. Good Luck to all.

I wish we had a "like" button.... :D
  • andyforbes2014
    andyforbes2014 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Like. :)
  • notanotherjohnson
    notanotherjohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vanity - I don't believe my husband when he says he I look good. If I dont think so, why would he