If you eat something bad

Options
if you eat something bad do you just start over the next day and keep eating bad for the rest of the day?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Log it and then forget it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just hope I don't get sick.

For me bad food = spoiled or something I find gross (or is medically necessary to avoid for those with medical conditions)
    Anything else is fair game as long as it fits in my calorie goals
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    If I eat something bad, I send it back to the chef and ask that it be made correctly.
  • mermaidrhirhi
    mermaidrhirhi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it really depends on my overall willpower that day. Sometimes I say a treat is okay because I ate crap all day, but there are certain points that feel like there is no turning back for that day (even though that isn't true!) and I just indulge all day. Sundays are my cheat days of sorts because I go to my parents for dinner, and I can never predict/calculate what they are going to serve, so I just enjoy myself worry free!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Nothing is really bad. Just fit it into your calories. If it's too many calories, do some exercise to burn off calories. And jump right back on the horse. Learn to eat all foods, just stick to your calorie count.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nope. I try to cut it off asap. I ate some leftover birthday cake for breakfast. I'm still coming in under calories for the day. No point in writing off an entire day for one delicious food!
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    If it fits my calories and I really want it, I eat it. I take every moment as it comes. Why would I let the decision to eat one cookie or something not so healthy "ruin" the rest of my day eating-wise? It's about self-control and moderation.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If something is bad I don't eat it, cause food poisoning sucks. If it tastes bad I don't eat that either cause why should I eat something that doesn't taste delicious. If I eat something delicious I enjoy it, log it, and move on with my day. Today I had one of the cupcakes in my picture and some other very delicious things.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just because you made a bad choice in a day does not mean you should to go on making bad choices for the rest of the day. So no I don't keep eating "bad" for the rest of the day I log it and move on.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    if you eat something bad do you just start over the next day and keep eating bad for the rest of the day?

You don't say "Aww, screw it, might as well keep eating more junk," because that's what landed you here. It's what landed me here, too. That's like punishing yourself with food, and it's unhealthy in a number of ways.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I used to stop logging for the day because I didn't want to see how far I let it go and then I would say I'll just start over tomorrow and it would turn into next week next month or months...

This time I log it all and keep going. I keep logging.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I used to but that's a ridiculous mindset to have and actually quite childish so I decided to grow up and just put it behind me and start over straight again :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Define "bad"
  • welchbriauna
    welchbriauna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just because you made a bad choice in a day does not mean you should to go on making bad choices for the rest of the day. So no I don't keep eating "bad" for the rest of the day I log it and move on.
    I think this is perfect advice!! Thanks so much
  • welchbriauna
    Options
    I used to stop logging for the day because I didn't want to see how far I let it go and then I would say I'll just start over tomorrow and it would turn into next week next month or months...

This time I log it all and keep going. I keep logging.

Yes this is exactly what I do now because I don't want to see it
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "bad" food. If it fits, it's for me.

Now, if it's really bad, I'll more than likely spend the rest of the night in the bathroom and who really wants that?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Learn that there are no good/bad foods. It's just food. Don't be afraid to eat, just learn to incorporate the food you love into your day, make it fit into your daily calories. You know where you can start? Whatever you used to eat before you decided to begin MFP, eat that but in smaller portions. Set your weight loss goal at 0.5 lb/wk. Get into the habit of logging ALL YOUR FOOD. Once you got it down, up your weight loss goal to 1 lb. Don't do a goal of 2lb/wk. If you want to begin a new healthy choice, slowly incorporate it into your meals... don't go cold turkey trying be more healthy all of a sudden. Small steps. That way, you won't feel like a failure, and you'll successfully lose weight. If you want to learn how to swim, you don't throw yourself into the deep end!! You start at the shallow end and slowly work you way up to the deep end. Same thing with weight loss. Small steps first. :flowerforyou:
  • welchbriauna
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Define "bad"

Like most of your calories for the day
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Define "bad"

Like most of your calories for the day

Log it and move on. I'm having 550 calories of apple pie and gelato right now because I worked to fit them in. This is a learning experience, and there will always be days where you go over. The key is to not have them grow in length.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    A common analogy for that is... If you drop your phone do you say, "oh my phone is ruined." and start stomping and throwing it?
    Yes. This.
    I pick up my phone, dust it off and move on. I don't say: oh darn, a tiny nick, and throw it at the wall. :smile: