P90X is it worth it for weightloss?

Options
I am new to fitness and I have about 40-50lbs that I need to loose.
I am wanting a home DVD system I can do at home......

Is it good for women? Anyone loose weight doing it?

Thank you
M

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with P90X but I do love Turbo Fire and it gives great results, plus it's a ton of fun, so I highly recommend it!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    lots of women have used P90X for weight loss with out getting bulky if thats your concern. i would checkout wwww.teambeachbody.com or you can go to youtube and search P90x for women...tons of videos there. hope this helps.
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I have lost nearly 60 pounds using a healthy diet, walking, and p90x.

I HIGHLY recommend it :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I lost 24 pounds during my first 90 days of P90X and a good diet.
  • alicecooper1
    Options
    It's amazing. Absolutely worth it.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was doing a P90X/Turbofire hybrid for 12 weeks. I enjoy P90X and think it's worth it. Plus, Tony (the fitness instructor) is funny. I will say this though, I strongly dislike the yoga....
  • eurynome
    eurynome Posts: 2
    Options
    I use it but I don't follow the program to a T... I do other exercises as well and I've been about to get in better shape with the help of it..... the way the videos are done though might make you not like it.... (the main reason why i don't do it as often as the schedule says i should haha)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm a week shy of finishing my first 90 days. I've only lost about 10 pounds doing it BUT I have lost almost 20 inches so I'm pretty darn happy! I have not been following their diet plan as I know what style of eating makes me feel my best. I could probably lose faster if I cut my calories more but I'd rather build muscle and slowly lose the fat than lose weight fast and sacrifice lean muscle mass so this is working for me.

Another benefit on top of all those inches lost is that I FEEL FANTASTIC! I feel so strong and I'm getting stronger! I am not bulky, I just feel able to conquer mountains right now! :bigsmile: I knew going into it that it would take me several rounds before I'm where I want to be so I'm committed for the long haul. I can't wait to see what I look like in August when I finish my second round!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    YES! It's amazing. Do the Lean version. Best nutrition plan ever too.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    You have to adjust P90X calorie intake for weight loss. It's not a weight loss program. Nutrition is designed to fuel the workouts for their method of changing body composition.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You have to adjust P90X calorie intake for weight loss. It's not a weight loss program. Nutrition is designed to fuel the workouts for their method of changing body composition.

True to some extent. I followed the plan exactly and lost 11 pounds first round eating the full 1800 calories/day. I think it was a combination of changing WHAT I ate and in what proportions WITH the exercise and the fact that I was building muscle and accelerating my metabolism.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

True to some extent. I followed the plan exactly and lost 11 pounds first round eating the full 1800 calories/day. I think it was a combination of changing WHAT I ate and in what proportions WITH the exercise and the fact that I was building muscle and accelerating my metabolism.

I did a lot of math in regards to their calorie brackets. It puts some at a nice deficit, some very small deficit, some at maintenance, and some a little over. I think that's why results are usually all over the place and where complaints come from in regards to losing weight. The body comp. change will happen for most even at maintenance or a little over. Their calorie calculator is a much better way to set calorie load for goals. If they add suggestions, and reasoning for them, based on program you pick in the calculator, I think more participants would see better results for their goals. Since many never hit the website after purchase, they need a disc with the calculator on it or need to give a formula like Insanity includes and a little app. they can put on their computer or phone to help them dial calorie load in. I got put at maintenance based on their bracket system. Zero loss until I went back to normal diet, which was 6 lbs and dropped the water weight from the Phase III carb load.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I started my journey last summer with P90X and only lost 4 pounds but several inches. The program gave me the muscle that I needed to do well and be prepared for Insanity, which had the fat melting off like candle wax! I would highly recommend P90X!
  • MRT2011
    MRT2011 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you everyone. This is great info. I bought P90X yesterday and can't wait to try it! yay!