Progress! 11 lbs. down, 39 lbs. to go!

Options
I've been overweight since I was in the 4th grade, topping out at a size 18 when I was around 13 or 14 years old. Luckily my weight distributed some as I got older and gained a chest and hips, and I was a size 14 for a very long time. Then college happened. Even going to school in DC where I was walking a ton, I managed to gain enough weight that I could barely fit into a size 16. When I finally was able to weigh myself, I had hit 189 lbs. -- way too close to 200 for comfort. Seeing my mom struggle with the health effects of obesity over the last few years and just plain tired of being fat, I decided it was time for a change. I lost 13 lbs. after starting with MFP, but managed to gain back most of it over the holidays (my boyfriend's mom stuffed me with brownies and cheesecake and my parents reintroduced me to the joy of constantly eating at restaurants!). Now I'm living on my own in my first ever apartment, walking is one of my major means of getting around the city, and I've managed to lose 11 lbs. again. It's hard to believe how different I looked only last summer!

CIMG7505.jpg
Before - approx. 189 lbs.

Photo230.jpg
Photo226.jpg
Current - 178.5 lbs.

Replies

• sybil1106
    sybil1106 Posts: 71
    Options
    We're both about the same size and weight even out goals are pretty similar.
    You're doing a great job. Don't lose your momentum.
    Sybil
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Lookin good! Keep up the good work!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    wow!! that looks like more than 11 lbs! awesome.
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    I too, was really big at 13, booo childhood obesity. i was wondering how tall you are? & of course, congratulations on the weight loss, keep it up! :)
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Keep it up!!! your doing soo awesome!!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    amazing job! You look way happy!!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you go girl you look really good! so glad to hear your success story:)
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm only 5'2"! Being short is fine with me, but short and overweight not so much haha.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you are just adorable :)
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!