Starting over; again

Options
Hello there. I am a 35 year old gal from California. I have battled many injuries over the past 14 years and as a result I have gained approximately 70 pounds. As I type this I am dealing with yet another injury. With all that being said, I am tired of hearing myself wheeze with light activity and want to lose weight to prevent diabetes and other health problems from occurring. I plan on setting two week goals that are very specific and slowly try and make this lifestyle change stick. Good luck everyone on your goals and God bless!:)

Replies

• mem0ories
    mem0ories Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck dear.. Me too am starting over!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've started over plenty of times, but so far I've been pretty dedicated for more than a year now :) You can do it, too!
  • hedgehog002
    hedgehog002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you esp0ir and same to you!
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The most important thing is to never give up! And you're not giving up!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're in a great place, with great motivation. You can totally do this!
  • hedgehog002
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Here's to all of us reaching our goals! :D
  • fat4now27
    Options
    So what if we are more heavier than other people... we're allll freaking sexyy!!!!!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've started over so many times lol.. but I've stuck with it more this time than I have in the past. You can do this.. Believe in yourself. We believe in you!
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am starting again also...I have tried everything paleo, vegan, vegetarian, Atkins, all that stuff...but never have I come to terms with logging everything that goes into my mouth and actually seeing the reality of it mathematically. I am stunned how at how quickly the calories add up. So I am going to give this a fair shot, because I am older and it is harder to keep a lean look.
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for friends to help keep me motivated with positive encouragement- all friend requests accepted! And motivation shared back too ☺️
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    important thing is to switch your mind set in to it, be consistent and cut the excuses - injuries do not make people gain weight....
  • hedgehog002
    Options
    Abadvat, I'm not sure if you've ever had a serious injury, but I have had several. I'm talking needed surgery to fix injury. I've had 6 surgeries on my left knee and I am waiting for #7. Not being able to walk fir for long periods of time and being forced into a sedentary lifestyle will help the weight creep on. Big muscles burn big calories. And when those muscles aren't able to work out...well you get the point.