Reaching out

Options
Hey!

I'm not exactly new, but I am new to really applying myself to using this program and to reaching out to the community.

I really struggle with losing weight. I GAINED weight/inches while doing a 30 day yoga challenge (I did Flow, not easy yoga for a 230 pound woman), and while working out on weights 2 days a week. I'd love to be friended by people who also find it hard to lose weight and inches.

The plan- Flow yoga twice a week, weight class 2 times a week, and Leslie's Walk Fit DVDs the mornings that I don't have the classes.

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    personally, i just find this whole DEAL to be difficult..i don't feel i have made as much progress as i had figured ( 25 lbs in 5 months ) but something is something..i could always use more motivation too, so feel free to add me, and best of luck
  • bift3r
    bift3r Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, I have always been told that muscle weights more than fat so I am assuming while doing the 30 day yoga challenge you gained muscle while losing some fat. This is what happens to my boyfriend because he lifts a lot of weights while doing some cardio as well. I wouldn't get too discouraged, gaining strength and getting muscles is a great thing too!
  • makpitt
    makpitt Posts: 18
    Options
    Don't despair. I am working hard to lose weight and started at 246 lbs. I've lost 37 lbs since July 2010. It has been a struggle but stick with it. I now work out 4-5 x week for 1 hour. I can do 60 minutes on the ellipical, lift weights and have started to work on increasing my flexibility. Small steps. What I have discovered is that carbohydrates are like 'crack" for me. The more I eat them, the more I crave them. I limit myself to 25-27 carbs/meal and have increased my raw veggie consumption. Try different things to see what works for you, keep active (I wear a pedometer every day so I can't kid myself about how much exercise I've done). Most importantly don't give up! You can do this! Good luck.
  • charlihess
    charlihess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It takes time. :) I know I have a loooot of weight to kick and the more support the better right? We CAN DO IT!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    personally, i just find this whole DEAL to be difficult..i don't feel i have made as much progress as i had figured ( 25 lbs in 5 months ) but something is something..i could always use more motivation too, so feel free to add me, and best of luck

25 Lbs in 5 months is GREAT. That is HEALTHY weight loss.

Massively dropping lbs means you are losing too much muscle. 25 lbs is a great start to your journey, I would not be discouraged at all with that.

Besides: As I've seen other people on this site say, "It took you years to get to where you are now... what makes you think it's going to come off in weeks?"
  • mama2reagan
    mama2reagan Posts: 23
    Options
    Same here....very difficult to lose weight and keep it off. It's very depressing to me too! My husband and I would like to have another baby, but with where I am at, I don't think I would be able to handle it physically. But I am working at it slow and steady. It has helped me a lot just to keep track of what I eat and try to stay within the limits that are set. Go ahead and add me as a friend and we can encourage each other in this journey. You can do it!