I have something to say...

Ya know, I have really learned something this week. Earlier this week, I was at my lowest. I couldn't see the purpose of living. I hated what I saw when I looked in the mirror. I hated that I couldnt get up at walk for a few minutes even though I had been trained to run long distances in the army. I had become my disabilities. So, I even though I thought I was eating right, I wasn't. In fact, food had become my coping method. So at my darkest hour, I reached out for help. I hopped on MFP and started to read some of the community posts. I was inspired. I was motivated. The next morning, I had some new MFP friends and I began to log everything I put I my mouth. I feel accomplished when I was able to end the day under my calorie goal. I am happy to say that I have lost 7 lbs and I am the happiest I've ever been. I have begun a new way of life and I refuse to let my disabilities dictate who I am. I want to say thank you to MFP, my new supporters, and myself - for not giving up! I have a long way to go, so if you'd like to be on this journey with me, I'd love for you to add me. Thanks again and the best is yet to come!

Replies

• brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Keep going! This is a great group of people who for the most part with the exception of a few negative nellies are the best people you will find in trying to lose weight, get healthy and feel better about yourself. I too hated what I saw when i looked in the mirror and I got proactive about it. I would get discouraged easily when I didn't see quick results at first but now that I have lost 30 pounds and feel and look good, I keep going because it makes me feel even better. 10 more pounds until my goal weight and I know the struggles that everyone goes through to see results. The thing you have to keep in perspective is even if it is 0.1 of a pound, you are losing! Keep moving and great things will happen, one pound at a time. It's not just about the weight I have lost but the tone I have now in my body, the fact that others notice and the way I feel from eating healthier. Keep it up my friend!!! I will send you an add!
  • JAMsMom13
    JAMsMom13 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you! You are truly an inspiration :smile:
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    It's better to burn out than fade away.

Sorry, but being a man of a certain age, it is a legal requirement for me to do that. Def Leppard, the 80's and all that.
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you for sharing, it takes a lot of courage to be so honest and that is inspiring. Keep going, there is light at the end of the tunnel and despite what you might feel on some tough days, you CAN do this!! Really, you CAN.

If you want to be friends on here, feel free to message me!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Awe, this post made me smile :), good for you!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Post of the day!! And I agree. I've been using MFP on and off for a while now but never looked in on the community pages or took the time to gather friends until a couple of weeks ago. It is super motivating to read posts like this one! Thank you!!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Awesome attitude!!! I love your enthusiasm and congrats on your loss so far!

Remember, we were trained to suck it up and drive on right?! I still repeat that to myself when the going gets tough and self talk gets in the way of progress.

Thank you for your service btw :blush:
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Sometimes, anger is a gift. This got me to thinking about all the times I had ever bottomed out, got mad and rallyed myself toward some goal. The first time was that low point about three or four weeks into basic a lot of people hit.

You've got yourself moving and good on you for that. Now trust the process you've put in place.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Thank yourself too. <3
    Keep telling yourself that you can do this.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Kudos on the great loss!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    What an awesome gift to yourself. It takes courage to "just get up and do it" when we are at our lowest point. You are very inspiring and congratulations on your loss. I'm adding you and will be honoured to walk the journey with you if you would like.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Nice work! The hardest step is the first one...Keep coming back and checking in for inspiration and new ideas!
  • JAMsMom13
    JAMsMom13 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you everyone. I am so excited to keep going one day at a time. I know it won't be easy but I also know that with the support I receive here, I will definitely accomplish my goals.