Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

today is gonna be hard - help me

My grandmother is having guest over today ... so you all know what that mean. . Lots and lots of food... and from where I come from... there's not one healthy food there.. it's gonna be the biggest test for me today...! I have to eat by her.. so the problem is eating but not overdoing it... a little motivation please?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    Small plate. Instead of the 13" plate, use a 9" plate. Fill it up, but don't go for seconds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you... will try it today...
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    eat something healthy before you go so you are not starving and eat too much. Then fill up plate with little bite of everything in case she asks if you liked something and if she asks if you want more says no I'm still working on this one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited March 2015
    what are you having? What about it do you consider to be inherently "unhealthy?"
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    Nice... I like the sound of that... maybe I will have fruit bowl before I go....
  • Terrapin88
    Terrapin88 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    I went to my GF's mother's birthday dinner party last night. Lots of people, h'orderves, alcohol, huge spread for dinner and of course, 2 fat juicy cakes calling my name. I love me some cake, man. If you take a look at my food diary from last night you'll see that I didn't really restrict myself from having a bit of this and a bit of that but I still stayed under my numbers. I didn't drink any alcohol because I didn't want to lower my will power. I didn't eat any cake because by the time the cake was served I figured I had already consumed enough calories and macros. That's the second BD party I've been to in 2 weeks. I guess what I am trying to say is don't stress out and have a crappy day. Just be mindful of what you are eating and how it will affect the numbers in your food diary. If you know what sort of food is going to be there, look it up ahead of time on MFP so you'll have an idea of what's naughty and nice. Life doesn't have to suck just because you are trying to lose weight. ;)
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Leave room between each type of food, so you can see the plate "separating" each of the different foods.