Best at home workout DVD'S?

Options
Wanting to take a break from the monotony of the gym. What are some good DVD'S that I could do at home? Ready........and.......GO.... :D

Replies

• hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Before I had kids, I used to do the Bodies in Motion with Gilad DVD's.
    The "Getting Fit in Jerusalem " video was one of my favorites...entertaining.
    getting-fit-in-jerusalem-gilad-janklowicz-dvd-cover-art.jpg

• Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love Fitnessblender.com They have loads of online workouts and programs you can follow. For DVDs I like Jillian Michaels :)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The Firm are awesome
    I also enjoy leslie sansone walk off the pounds 4 fast miles
  • nmluna
    nmluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I second Fitnessblender.com - tons of great free videos. At home right now I have Focus T25 that I really enjoy - I also have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can also find tons of workout videos for free on youtube.com
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! It's not easy by any means but it's a great way to challenge yourself and see what you're made of!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    P90X3
  • msurocks1
    Options
    30 day shred! Great all over workout in 20 min. I'm exhausted afterwards so I know I'm getting a good workout. $8.
  • seakix
    seakix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cathe friedrich www.cathe.com

Workouts are challenging but she offers a lot of premixes on her dvds and i feel like i get more for my money.

You can also download her dvds or subscribe to live weekly workouts
  • alrisner
    alrisner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    msurocks1 wrote: »
    30 day shred! Great all over workout in 20 min. I'm exhausted afterwards so I know I'm getting a good workout. $8.

Ditto. I have numerous JM DVDs and I always come back to this one. The only JM DVD I wouldn't do is the kettle ball one. I read an article that talked about how dangerous it is to do work outs with kettle balls unless you have an experienced trainer there to guide you in your form. They actually used still shots from her DVD to show all of the mistakes she was making. It was a real eye-opener. But generally, I think she's great. It just proves that NOBODY is perfect.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have a slew of DVD's but the monotony of doing the same routine got to me... I recently started doing a Pilates monthly challenge on YouTube, and not only does it kick my butt, I LOVE the variety...oh, and its free lol Check out Blogilates.com if you're interested :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I hate going to the gym in winter (I live in Quebec, so I have the snowboots, hat, coat, mitts, and all the slush, plus leaving the gym when it is frigid - yuck!). I also have a nice home gym. I have been really impressed with Jillian Michaels, as others have mentioned. I found a few of her workouts free online, so I decided to purchase the 30 Day Shred DVD. I never expected such great results. I alternate with other things, so do it about every other day and I like that you can modify the workouts to your level. I am pretty advanced, so I use heavier weights and still DRIP sweat during the Level 1! I picked up the video at Walmart - not expensive at all.