Annoying coworkers

Options
helenarriaza
helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
There's this girl who always wears just too much perfume, you can smell her when she comes into the office, it's even worse when she sits close to you.

It smells like grandmothers, candle shops and expired potpourri.

Do you have annoying coworkers? Tell me!

Replies

• MattBeFit
    MattBeFit Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It isn't so much annoying as frustrating. Working in software engineering means teaming with many awkward/aspy individuals that are great in their isolated role, but extremely uncomfortable with teamwork and human interaction in general. As long as I'm able to carve out a narrow and explicit path for them to pursue, they're great. If not, big trouble.
  • hbwgonnabe
    hbwgonnabe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! She is the boss's daughter so she gets away with EVERYTHING!
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Omgsh where do i even begin?!?
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Omgsh where do i even begin?!?

While you get started, I wanted to mention a guy who listens to music straight out of a Mexican novela. With a boombox, in his cubicle. I'm gonna go deaf from turning up my headphones. :s

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    There is a guy I work with that hates women. And me being me, I especially drive him crazy for whatever reason. We are both cooks at a restaurant. When we worked together he spent the whole time correcting EVERY freaking thing I did. I spent a day organizing and cleaning the fridges and the freezers only to come back on my next shift to find it just the way it was before. He always leaves me a *kitten* ton of prep and dishes to do. Everyone kept telling me that he was like that to everyone. I covered someone else's shift and he didn't know, and wouldn't you know that everything was done, the dishes were put up and he even did extra prep so they wouldn't have to. Luckily I talked with my boss and I no longer have to work with him, I still have to deal with his *kitten*.
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker with a very loud voice, one of those that make you wince. She was also a touchy-feely person, got right up in your space and she was never wrong. And the perfume.. eau de gag me.
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just threaten my employees with violence if they bother me. I speak loud and carry a 2 x4.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me very glad that I work from home.
  • Megaaan_xo
    Megaaan_xo Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    There's a girl who actually thinks she's Barbie and acts all girly girl and childish when guys are near, she's like 23. So annoying!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Thank God, nearly all of my coworkers are pretty considerate. Some of us (sometimes me, too) struggle with our "inside voice". When that happens, I have ear plugs and/or noise dampening ear phones.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    My co workers? The one who does not wear deodorant...or the one who eats noxious food at her desk, so the odor lingers all afternoon ..the day she threw her half eaten sardine sandwich in the trash..in the office. ...believe me, any perfume is better than that!

The best one is "Mommy of the Year", she considers work the LAST thing she needs to do...she is consistently late, always. Leaves early, constantly calls in sick. And gets away with it. It is mind boggling.
  • honeybunn8187
    honeybunn8187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who brags about sleeping with our married boss. Like I care!!! That's just all types of wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are all pretty lovely, but the fridge in our kitchen smells like a garbage dump on a hot day and no one ever seems to want to go through and work out if it's their stuff causing the stench. That bothers me, as I'm a bit phobic about rotten food. Now I bring an insulated bag.
  • MichelleTPO
    MichelleTPO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who continues to correct me, outloud, in front of clients, or while I am working on a client, out on the salon floor. Doesn't know how to be respectful or pprofessional when it comes to dealing with me. I've put up with it for about 8 years, and I get so angry with her. I have to do a lot of praying to keep myself from being resentful and angry
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yup. She sits next to me and all she ever talks about are her 6 yr old and 8 yr old. CONSTANTLY. Sometimes I wish she would get kidnapped so she has something else to talk about. Most days I just want to punch her in the teeth. In my head, of course.
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Do you have the type of people who start doing at work what they are supposed to be doing at home?
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that lies about the most ridiculous things for NO REASON. For example, once at lunch I went for a run and as I came back into the office I saw her eating a burger and fries (she didn't see me). Later that day she said "I saw you running at lunch and it made me feel bad for wanting fries so I had a salad for lunch". This is just one of the many random lies she has made up but she drives me crazy haha.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    MattBeFit wrote: »
    It isn't so much annoying as frustrating. Working in software engineering means teaming with many awkward/aspy individuals that are great in their isolated role, but extremely uncomfortable with teamwork and human interaction in general. As long as I'm able to carve out a narrow and explicit path for them to pursue, they're great. If not, big trouble.

^^^This guy gets it!

Not all IT professionals are hermits. I get so bummed that the three guys I work with can't talk about anything without there being an extremely uncomfortable pause. It's not annoying so much as challenging, because I'm pretty sociable.
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    It's too much to type lol
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I don't have any co-workers. In fact I miss it, I have nothing to shake my head and laugh at!