flabby skin?

Options
Hello! I weight around 220 lbs. I wouls like to lose 80. If i keep only running will ny stomach fat b flabby in the end? Any advice? How do u workout in the correct way?

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    LIFT HEAVY. Rinse Repeat
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Relatively slow loss, a little lotion helps... but mostly ^^^

Some folks also discuss when doing a bulk after massive weight loss and adding muscle that the skin itself tightens and repairs itself in a way that it simply can't during weight loss.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Yes, lift. Building muscle will fill in space that's left under skin, basically. It'll take time for skin to retract - about a year after you reach goal weight. You're young, so your skin will retract better than it would for older folks. Genes matter too. So you won't know for sure how things will look until you get there. But, lift, and be patient and consistent.
  • pinksky91
    pinksky91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u! For my stomach wpuld sit ups or crunches help with the skin?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    pinksky91 wrote: »
    Ok thank u! For my stomach wpuld sit ups or crunches help with the skin?

did you read where they said to Lift Heavy? do that

you can't spot reduce, you have to drop body fat .. through a calorie defecit

lifting heavy helps to preserve your muscle

nobody can tell you about your skin .. that will be down to time, luck and basic genetics

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what you do, if your genetics suck, and/or you're older, and/or you've been overweight for a while and your skin was stretched for a long time, you will have flabby skin, no way around it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what you do, if your genetics suck, and/or you're older, and/or you've been overweight for a while and your skin was stretched for a long time, you will have flabby skin, no way around it.

she's right .. although you might have won the genetic lottery and being older and having been overweight for a while doesn't matter ..my skin (at 47 and 20 years overweight and 2 pregnancies) seems to be pinging back
  • pinksky91
    pinksky91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u!
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    the best decision i made was to start working with a trainer. we did some initial diet tweaking. Our workouts consisted of a combination of cardio, strength training and core work. The benefit is to keep tightening as I lose weight. One of these days, i might actually be able to SEE what must soon be a set of 4-pack abs :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and lift ASAP.
  • m0llecule
    m0llecule Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weights and moisturizing! I actually use this great product that has really helped a lot of people (myself included.) If you want more info message me!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Your body will almost always take care of that in time, just eat at a deficit and exercise.

Lotion isn't really going to help you much, except maybe for... it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

yup pretty much
    regardless of age even it just might be worse the older you are
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's actually interesting how people suggest weights. These firm up the muscles but not the stomach. Stomach muscles are mostly too small to fill in loose skin, and I have seen quite a few lifters with loose stomachs after a large weight loss. It does firm up a bit with time though, but nothing too dramatic if you don't have the right genetics and/or age.