Losing too fast?

Options
I have only been on the MFP program for 2 1/2 weeks, but have already lost 8 lbs. My goal is 1 lb per week. Most days I am only slightly under my calorie goal, thanks in part to the fact that I have been exercising almost every day (before I started 3 times in one week was a good week). If I change my profile to more exercise will that increase my pre-exercise goal or should I change my life style to a more active?

Replies

• Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ur loss will slow down after first few weeks. Just make sure u eat all ur calories! Great job!
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You should change your activity level so you'll have more calories to net.
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • brendi_lynn
    brendi_lynn Posts: 19
    Options
    Well, i was wondering the same thing. like, when i got my tongue pierced, the piercer told me ABSOLUTELY no dairy - i lost 11 lbs in about 1 weeks and a half. Just some things you probably cut back on without realizing! hope i helped.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too, but a lot of your first weight loss is water weight in many cases I think. I settled down to a normal 2-2.5lb rate after the first few weeks. If it keeps up a few more weeks then I would be worried. Of course my opinion is just like anyone's here, far from expert, I am not a Dr, trainer, or nutritionist. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost about 8lbs in my first two weeks...then it settles down to a slow steady pace. Don't worry about it...enjoy it :)
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A lot of the initial weight loss is also water weight. If you keep losing 4lbs a week after a month or so, then it's a problem! :)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal to lose a bunch of weight in the first 2 - 4 weeks before it settles down. I lost 14lbs in the first two weeks and another 3lbs a week for about 6wks after that. Wish it was still that way but it's down to 1 - 2lbs a week now! Enjoy it while it lasts is what I say!
  • Skydemon53
    Skydemon53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I have been adding my exercise calories back in (it does it automatically), and most days I'm within 100 or so of my goal. I'll give it a couple more weeks to see how it goes. But next weekend will be hard, attending a wedding on Saturday, and I'm sure we will be eating with family and going to restaurants (have to get a nice seafood dinner....guess I'll have to pass on the fried clams and french fries though, or the boiled lobster with a side of drawn butter, and of course the cole slaw :(