New mom - encouraging needed!

Options
Hi all! I am a new mom to a beautiful 3.5 month old little girl. I am on here diligently tracking calories and looking for encouragement! I have the rest of my pregnancy weight plus and extra 20 pounds to lose. We (my husband and I) have been working out six days a week for about six weeks now. I only got back on here just a couple weeks ago. I would love extra encouragement and meal tips! Thanks!

Replies

• melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I joined MFP at the beginning of this year and have had great success. I love the support system here, it's been super informative and helpful. Good luck!
  • Marieeve1976
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a new mom as well to 5.5 months old baby girl - my second and last baby! I've put on 30 lbs during pregnancy and had and extra 15 lbs to lose. I,ve started to work-out and diet in January but it's only since my baby sleeps during the night (about 8 weeks ago) that the weight started to really come off. I train at least 4 to 6 times a week (al lot of cardio and abs) and I try to eat around 1200 cal a day that includes a lot of proteins and fiber (but I cheat a bit during the week-ends....). So far so good but you need the sleep for the weight to come off - which is hard to get at the begining. Good luck and if you continue to train 6x a week and watch your diet - I'm sure you will succeed!!!
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a new mom as well to a 5 week old baby boy. I gained 40lbs. during my pregnancy, lost all but 4lbs of it, but I want to lose that plus another 30 lbs. I agree with Marieeeve1976 about the sleep thing. You'd be amazed by the amount of calories you burn by just simply carrying your baby around during the day. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support! Good luck!