How rude!

Options
Learnin2LuvMe
Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
So today didn't start off to be a good day,I woke up with major cramps,so knew TOM was around(which came a little early). I didn't have much of an appetite,but ate a salad for lunch. Well decided to go out and buy some lotions and stuff for my face from this place Ive been before. Well the lady that works there hadn't seen me in over two years ago and I was smaller then my starting weight this year.We did some small talk and out of no where she said,"you gained weight huh?" that really surprised me and I thought why would someone just ask that. Well,I just giggled and said "ya i did,BUT recently I just lost 21 lbs. I kinda felt embarassed but after leaving,the only thing that I could think of was how when I come back a few months later down the year and she sees me smaller,what will she say then. In the past Ive gotten upset about my weight especially if someone would point it out in a rude way,and go home and eat some more,but instead today I went home and worked out.So that made me feel alot better...Anyways has this ever happened to you after starting your new journey?

Replies

• lordcarvin
    lordcarvin Posts: 12
    Options
    Well I think your smooookin so keep up the good work and fight the good fight ....

Slater...

Sean
  • CharityAngel
    CharityAngel Posts: 111
    Options
    It happened all the time. And I think that sometimes I may have just been to sensitive. (Not that you are that way for this situation). I had a BIL who said that I was the fat one in the family, different than all my other sisters tell me that I looked nice one day and I was like, what, I do not look fat? So sometimes it can be me. Another time I was in a bad mood and someone asked me if I was pregnant. I said nope, I am just fat. And they were so shocked they did not know what to say then. I just smiled and said have a great day and walked away LOL.
  • Marcellus_08
    Marcellus_08 Posts: 253
    Options
    I laughed my *kitten* off at this.
    People are SOOOstupid its crazy. WHO WOULD SAY THAT!!!??

Congrats on losing weight:) your doing fantastic.
  • Nikki_856
    Nikki_856 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good for you! Go show her...
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    I've never been told that I've gained weight (by anyone who mattered!)

But people do say things that they think are positive, but still kind of hurt. "Wow, you're so tiny now" "You've lost a TON of weight"

It really is motivating in a twisted way, though.

Hang in there, girl, you're doing amazing. 21 pounds! Beat 'em, bust 'em that's our custom [:
  • laniackerman1
    Options
    Ye once I ran into someone who I hadn't seen in a long time... he was with a friend that I hadn't met. This is how he introduced me: 'this is Lani, she was a hotty when she was thin...' was kinda depressing cause I was already working hard at loosing weight! :/
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Options
    I just want to comment and say that it has never happened to me personally but i wish to point out how awesome you are!!! As rude as this lady was you maintained your dignity and pride and took her rude comment on the chin, then went home and trained!!! That is awesome and such a great attitude to have. YOU ROCK!!!!

Well done you for not allowing her rude unwanted comments to force you back into the comfort eating phases of your past. Next time you go in there kick her *kitten* or put your foot in her mouth as soon as she says hello and ask if it feels any lighter!!!!

I hate rude people lol

Well done again pride and self esteem rule the world and at this moment you are ruler :-)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    actually it has happend to me-- and in reverse too--my daughter says my shut up filter malfunctioned. When people say things I usually blow it off- understanding that they are probably more embarrassed than I am and occasionally being the inadvertent rude one- i know I am mortified by what has just fallen out of my mouth. I know it hurts feelings, but just saying if I let everyone hurt my feelings- I would be an awful sad depressed person. Anyway you handled it perfectly--good for you.
  • mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! People have no common sense sometimes.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    I laughed my *kitten* off at this.
    People are SOOOstupid its crazy. WHO WOULD SAY THAT!!!??

Congrats on losing weight:) your doing fantastic.
    Lol.thanks,and I know right!!! I would never say something like that!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Don't expect truthful observations from someone that hasn't seen you in two years and has not been a part of your life for a long time.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    I just want to comment and say that it has never happened to me personally but i wish to point out how awesome you are!!! As rude as this lady was you maintained your dignity and pride and took her rude comment on the chin, then went home and trained!!! That is awesome and such a great attitude to have. YOU ROCK!!!!

Well done you for not allowing her rude unwanted comments to force you back into the comfort eating phases of your past. Next time you go in there kick her *kitten* or put your foot in her mouth as soon as she says hello and ask if it feels any lighter!!!!

I hate rude people lol

Well done again pride and self esteem rule the world and at this moment you are ruler :-)
    Lol..thanks..and thats a good one,Ill keep that one in mind when I go back!!!
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    Ye once I ran into someone who I hadn't seen in a long time... he was with a friend that I hadn't met. This is how he introduced me: 'this is Lani, she was a hotty when she was thin...' was kinda depressing cause I was already working hard at loosing weight! :/

Holy seriously? I would have kicked him in the knee... actually both knees.

People can be such jerks!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Someone had some haterade today I think. I would blow it off, do not let people like that get to you. Keep on your journey!
  • jpalmer7384
    jpalmer7384 Posts: 23
    Options
    At Christmas time, my grandmother asked me if I was pregnant or if I was just really that fat.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    That wasnt nice at all!!!:noway: I would have slapped him for sure
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    At Christmas time, my grandmother asked me if I was pregnant or if I was just really that fat.

I was working one time and we had not stopped for lunch- when I told my boss I needed a break he offered me some crackers- I told him I was pregnant and needed food- He looked at me and said "your pregnant??? I thought you were just FAT!!" so it happens the other way too. My whole family has laughed for over 20 years about that one.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options

I was working one time and we had not stopped for lunch- when I told my boss I needed a break he offered me some crackers- I told him I was pregnant and needed food- He looked at me and said "your pregnant??? I thought you were just FAT!!" so it happens the other way too. My whole family has laughed for over 20 years about that one.
    How freakin rude!!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My grandma (who I love very much) can be quit tactless, and say things like "wow, I've never seen you so fat" or "you're gaining weight again" ... it's even worse since her stroke . It hurts. But I do my best to answer with a smile and a quick change of subject. But I can't imagine a near-stranger saying something like this.

Good for you for making good choices in response!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    My grandma (who I love very much) can be quit tactless, and say things like "wow, I've never seen you so fat" or "you're gaining weight again" ... it's even worse since her stroke . It hurts. But I do my best to answer with a smile and a quick change of subject. But I can't imagine a near-stranger saying something like this.

Good for you for making good choices in response!!
    My mom can be that way also,and it is hurtful when it comes your family.