Lost 60LBS using My Fitnesspal. Happy to help out :)

Options
Hi All

Over the past 3 years I've lost ~60LBS using MyFitnesspal and exercise. I'd love to help you out with any questions!

Feel free to add me as a friend as well and follow my eating plans.

Rick

Replies

• skyviol3ta
    Options
    What was your routine?
  • rickorford
    rickorford Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't finished yet. But I am active 6 days a week (4 days in the gym) and try to eat well. The single biggest thing I leaned was to not eat too little. Crazy huh?
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    60 lbs over 3 years is a very steady pace. Good for you.I would not be able to be that patient. :smile:
  • rickorford
    Options
    I still have 20 to go. I'm not in any rush, but, I won't complain if it's gone in time for the summer.
  • duckyruth
    duckyruth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need to lose lots more. Can use some help! Do you help with using MFP too?
  • rickorford
    Options
    I'm no expert, but, I've read just about everything I could over 3 years. Feel free to add me or ask me anything here...
  • duckyruth
    Options
    I heard counting calories is not a good way to maintain weight lose. I need a lifestyle change - although using this calorie counting has helped me lose but I'm sure it's cause it cut my calories in half & that is a lifestyle change for me. I have no idea what way to go. Like vegan? Although I haven't felt I'm starving there are days I don't feel full & have to work not to eat too much more.

Presently laid off & all I do is sleep. Joined MFP awhile back but just started using it religiously. I'm not sure about some of the workings of this app. I posted in the mentor community but not sure I did it right.

So this is a community you started but not a friend post thing? Everyone can see postings?

Can you explain the friending aspect in MFP?
  • rickorford
    Options
    Ok so, you've been laid off and you sleep a lot- basically it's a double whammy.

Let's start with this... If I were you, the first thing Id do is print out 100 resumes and drive to a place tomorrow where I could drop them off. Walking from place to place... Eating what I like.

Make getting a job your full time job and then you can work on the next goal, eating properly!

The friending process allows us to share each other's meal plan. Was just a suggestion and by no means necessary.

I look forward to your update tomorrow!!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie intake?
  • duckyruth
    Options
    To rosnigetsfit: Are you asking me or rickorford?
  • duckyruth
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What is a quote for?
  • rehanaa17
    Options
    duckyruth wrote: »
    What is a quote for?

So you can reply to a specific post or point out something of interest. :)
  • rosnigetsfit
    Options
    To rosnigetsfit: Are you asking me or rickorford?

Rickorford
  • rickorford
    Options
    1600cal. I am 80kg, and work out 4x a week. I don't count the calories against the workouts, BUT I do also get in a 8-10km walk daily, so those calories count toward my meal plan.
  • rosnigetsfit
    Options
    rickorford wrote: »
    1600cal. I am 80kg, and work out 4x a week. I don't count the calories against the workouts, BUT I do also get in a 8-10km walk daily, so those calories count toward my meal plan.

That sounds fine. keep it up! slow and steady
  • jasmineandgreg
    jasmineandgreg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a question I run and use my stationary bike on top of cleaning and walking every chance I get half the time I dont even eat my calories because I am not hungry but I am gaining weight I was 202 and went to 180-185 now I dont move I keep trying different exercises to lose more weight cuz i want to be at 120lb I dont know what else to do and lost I really need help cuz I feel like I am stuck!!!
  • rickorford
    Options
    First, congratulations on your success!! Chances are you've plateaued. This is not a big deal, it just means you have to switch it up a little.

Out of curiosity, how many cal/day are you eating?
  • duckyruth
    Options
    Oh, ok, thanks rehanaa17! (Hope this works.)

rehanaa17 wrote: »
    What is a quote for?

So you can reply to a specific post or point out something of interest. :)

• duckyruth
    Options
    In addition Mr. Rick:

I need to add after lay off am now on work comp med leave (a long story) so can have knee fixed & fighting my way thru "your obese" phase but presently can't yet take a job. Do have my eyes on the market for when it comes time I have to find one. But will keep your suggestion in mind. You'd think I'd be happy not working & take it like a sabatical. I guess it's time to do that. Just on an emotional roller coaster but ready to get over grieving the loss of my 30 yr stint job.

So realizing I'm facing a knee replacement & need to lose weight for that, I also need to lose weight for myself.

I will check back tomorrow & thanks.

Anyone wanting to friend me I'm game & am looking for help & all that can be offered in all areas.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!