I lost my gym partner

Options
:( It took so long to find someone to help motivate me to get to the gym. She started having problems with her boyfriend and child care so she can't come anymore.
I'm lazy. I don't do a lot of thing that I'm not obligated to do, even if they are fun and healthy things. My biggest problem is getting myself to the gym, and plus without a partner, I don't try as hard while I'm there.

Anyone have similar problems? Any one live in Tempe, AZ and want to be my gym partner? Please don't tell me that I just need to get up and do it, I will but less often and not as productive.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm close but still too far to offer. If only you were in Tucson instead of Phoenix!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I lost my gym partner too. I found that when I stopped letting that be an excuse, I still managed to get to the gym a lot. I've made a lot of good progress on my own. If you need someone to push you, look into what sort of classes your gym offers. There you can get someone to push you to reach your goals.
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    same thing happened to me 3 months ago and i didn't get anything but a text that she wasn't doing it anymore!! it sucked and felt like a breakup but after many many weeks i decided that i can't let one person cause me to not do good just because she helped me that far. I think people are placed along the way to help give us a push sometimes...if they disappear then sooner or later another person will drop in :) hang in there, be tough, and throw the headphones in knowing you don't have to talk to someone for an hour and can just work on Y O U
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I lost mine too, but mainly on my end due to moving out of the area we used to work out at. But I see that she's still keeping up with her regime of working out and eating right (she uses the site, too), so it kind of helps keep me in line.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Well first off dont see it as a chore or job you need to do understand its a lifestyle change to get healty'r.

Second have you triend talking to people at the Gym ? For me only the first week was scary everything and everyone was new to me and beeing overweight I wasnt that much in my zone there so to speak.
    But after a while when my partner stopt coming as often as I did I just made new friends there, its easy to strike up a conversation because you know you will have at least 1 thing in commen.... the Gym ^^ just ask about a exercise or have some small talk and who knows what kind of awesome people you might meet there !
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    one of my friends kept buggin me to get a membership & go with her. so i did. she lasted maybe 4 or 5 times coming with me then the excuses started & kept happening. at first i didnt go but then i just got brave & went by myself. it takes alot to go alone but i feel fabulous after & miss it when i dont go. i now have a friend from work that i meet on odd days & its nice but i feel ok going alone too. my husband tried coming with me a few times too but alas, he ditched it also. (i think he just wanted to check out what the other men looked like then felt comfortable enough with me going alone) lol. load up your music source with your favorite tunes & crank them when youre at the gym. even if you only go for a little while. once you start the habit, you will really miss it when you dont make it there.