Help with loosing weight.

Options
I lost my first 6-7 pounds pretty fast, im pretty sure Ive been eating right, and eating the right amount of calories and everything. I walk every morning for 20-40 mins, then i do some exercises like burpes, jumping jacks, things like that for like 15 mins straight. and then at night I sometimes go for another walk. and i do like 20-40 sit-ups. But now I cant seem to loose anymore weight. ive been stuck for like 5 days now, and ive been trying to push myself harder like walking longer or faster, nothing seems to be working. Anyone can help me figure this out or give me tips please, really need some help.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You are not going to lose weight every day.

Weight loss is not linear.

Five days =/= stuck.

Patience is a virtue.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Etc.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just didnt know if I should work out more, or just keep doing what im doing, and eventually the weight will start to fall again.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    no, but sometimes i use a measuring cup, to measure out some of the food i eat. but its not that accurate.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    no, but sometimes i use a measuring cup, to measure out some of the food i eat. but its not that accurate.

Okay you seriously need to invest in a food scale. $15 at Walmart and the best money you will spend this year. If you're not weighing your food, you don't know how much you're really eating, therefore you have no idea if you're in a deficit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Okay you seriously need to invest in a food scale. $15 at Walmart and the best money you will spend this year. If you're not weighing your food, you don't know how much you're really eating, therefore you have no idea if you're in a deficit.

^^ that. all day long.
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    okay im definitely gonna try to get one then thanks.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Definitely get the food scale. I was able to get away without one for a while, but having one helps a bunch!

Other food for thought:

The initial weight loss can be a lot of water weight. I dropped 5 pounds within the first couple weeks, and I'm only going for losing ~15. I upped my water intake a TON and that weight just fell right off. I'm now drinking around 60 ounces a day, which is about half my weight (if you substitute pounds for ounces, of course).

If the scale doesn't budge even a little after a month, then it's time to re-evaluate. 5 days really and truly is nothing.

Be accurate with your logging & keep doing what you're doing. You'll get there.

~Lyssa
  • sheenrattan404
    Options
    I'm using a food scale and I'm working out. I know it's different for everyone but this app says if everyday were like today, you'd weigh x in 5 weeks. It's been the same diet&exercise for 5 weeks and I've noticed no change in weight
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    I usually dont drink water, thats probably part of my problem, i drink alot of tea during the day. i cant bring myself to drink water, it just dosent satisfie me. but imma try to start drinking it more and see if i see more results. i drink some diet mountain dew to, it doesnt have any calories, but its probly bad to.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    First of all, you need to understand that weight loss isn't linear. From Saturday-Thursday I lost three pounds. Since then, I gained two back due to sodium and other factors. Five days of stalling out is nothing.

Second, I repeat what everyone else has said about the food scale.

Third, have you tried adding fruit or other flavorings to water? Sometimes I can't drink plain, so I get sparkling water instead. Also, diet soda does have calories-they just aren't obligated to show it if it's under 5 per serving. Nothing is wrong with it in moderation, just make sure you log it.
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    No I haven't tried to add fruit to the water, but thanks for the idea, ill try it.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ive been stuck for like 5 days now...

Five days is nothing. If you are eating a deficit you are losing weight. That being said in your OP you said you are pretty sure you are eating the right amount of calories. If you are only pretty sure re-evaluate your logging and make sure it is as accurate as possible.

However, again, five days is nothing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    By the way the tea and the diet Mountain Dew both count as water.