How to get back in the routine of going to the gym?

Options
I use to go to the gym every morning before work, I have not done that that in 2 years. Now I only use the gym to play raquetball once a week. I have started to use my iPhone as a fitness tracker and have lost a few pounds with a few more to go. I need away to motivated myself to get to the gym and start working out again . Maybe some friends to help

Replies

• time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm committing to doing cardio 3 times/week and weight training 3 times/week. I'm going to print out a calender and write in the days that I'm going to exercise. I'm hoping a visual reminder will keep me motivated.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on motivation. Put your shoes on and go!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Get up and go.

Don't wait for the warm fuzzy to hit you.

Just do it.
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I have to be up at 4:30am to get that workout in. I just do it!
  • jloeffler651
    jloeffler651 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will start going after work. The gym opens at 6 and I start work at 6, so I been coming in earlier to work to get some walking in. But I know I have to start lifting weights again
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous poster about having a calendar with daily goals on it. That way, I know exactly what I'm doing everyday, and it's harder to make excuses not to go. If you need help making daily goals, I'm sure someone at your gym can help.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not motivation to go, it's obligation to go. I treat it as such.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    This si why people shoild plam. One you understan what role exercise will play, then just start and it becomes easier after a while. What you are looking to do is develop a routine so you go without thinking or stressing too much. I go becayse its part of my lifestyle now, even if I dont always feel like it, its much better to go and get it done with as I know reaching target will be worthwhile.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    For me, it's not motivation to go, it's obligation to go. I treat it as such.

Yep.

I put out all my gym clothes, pack my work clothes & toiletries, and pack my meals the night before so I don't have to think. Makes things easier, because some mornings are bad and if everything weren't already planned and ready to go, I wouldn't get out of the door.