Good lowfat munchy foods?

Options
Im pretty good at making lowfat MEALS, I pretty much live off chicken, but I never have anything that great for me to munch on. Come 8:00-9:30 I always, ALWAYS get munchies. Not like I can go and grab a bag of chips or a bowl of ice-cream, so what I noticed I always end up doing, is grabbing lower calorie foods, but not being satisfied with it and going back for something else lo-cal, and then again. Which would probably just equal up to me eating the bowl of chips or ice-cream in the first place. I munch on lowfat popcorn sometimes. I feel like I need something that will take me a bit to eat. (which saying that actually makes me realize im not really hungry, I just wanna "munch"
Any ideas? I do frozen grapes sometimes too.
What are some other MUSTS that you put on your grocery list weekly/biweekly? b/c all I seem to always buy is chicken. Corn. Cereal. and dumb things like 100 calorie packs.

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Frozen mixed vegetables like stir fry. I hated vegetables but I'm starting to get addicted to those. I'm about to make some for my last meal with brown rice and some proteins :D
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Tiny boxes of raisins
    Cheerios (I bag them in half servings and eat them dry as snacks)
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    popcorn! I have a stircrazy which takes a small amount of oil, but if I am only making a little snack I put a table spoon or two of kernals in a paper lunch bag and microwave like the fatty and sodium heavy prepackaged popcorn, then a little cooking spray and garlic powder and basil, maybe parm cheese, a little cinnamon and sugar or whatever I am in the mood for!
    also, fiberone bars, carrots, strawberries, fat free fudgcicles, apples, etc
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    Rice Cakes
    Dried fruit
    Hummus and veggies
    Graham Crackers (add PB or nutella)
    Pickles (but watch sodium)
    There's an ice cream replacement called Arctic Zero that's really good!
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    its not really low fat but a good substitute for chips are garden veggie straws 130 cals for about 40 straws and 7gs of fat ( thats 1 serving according to the label)
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I love"chippy" kinds of snacks.....I highly recommend Chee Cha Puffs (dill pickle & hickory bacon are my favorites). They are also gluten free and for about 2 cups is only 90 calories!! Infact if you really wanted to binge you could eat the whole bag for 450 calories (I have done this while my husband ate Doritos)!! LOL
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    pistachios, not bad in cals a little high in fat (but it's healthy fat) but they take a stupid long time to eat and they are really tasty, try unsalted ones though.
  • wnt2bbggr
    wnt2bbggr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that pretzel sticks do the trick for me, not too many calories and they're filling
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I like a handful of almonds, I may add a few dried cranberries to the almonds.I also eat larabar bars and I make my own popsicles with pureed fruit. When it's in season I add a bit of watermelon. It helps them freeze and I don't need to add any sugar or juice to them. Some people blend fruit and greek yogurt for a creamsicle. I keep my water bottle nearby at night when watch tv and if I need to add either capful of braggs appl cider vinegar or a few slices of lemon.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow Ice cream, and pop chips...
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips. 30 chips =110 calories. Several flavors to choose from
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Rice crackers. Very naturally salty (they have kelp), they taste like crispers. A bit of low fat whipped cream cheese, or even plain. 20 are something like 60 cal.
  • je133506
    je133506 Posts: 4
    Options
    low fat pretzel sticks are amazing!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have discovered a great low cal microwave popcorn. Jolly-Time Healthy Pop. 90 Calories in one bag....yummy. :bigsmile:
    Also, PB2 and a chocolate crunch rice cake is right around 100 calories and very yummy AND healthy. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I still love just basic raw veggies...celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I cut them into bite size pieces and eat them like popcorn. The crunchiness is very satisfying. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Hope these ideas help!
    You go girl!
    :drinker:
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    Wow, GREAT ideas! Thanks guys! I was only expecting one or two answers. I just got so excited lol. Awesome ideas!
  • guitargod1399
    Options
    try also low fat greek yogurt- low in calories and double the protein of reg. yogurt!, bananas, and don't forget cauliflower! only 25 calories per cup!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    i love the quaker mini rice cakes and they are low on calories. they are great for a sweet or crunchy snack. i'm also like the 100 calories packs (the oreo ones are yummy), granola bars (low sugar of course), veggies, and fruit.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Something with protein will keep you full. I like 0% Fage greek yogurt and Bare Naked Granola: Protein Plus. Keeps me full for a long time!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the cheerios
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    - Carrots, especially the ones that are cut like ripple chips, are great. They taste better to me (sweeter) than regular baby carrots most of the time, and you could have a little bit of a low-cal ranch dip or something with them if you'd like.
    - Cucumbers are also great. I like the baby ones best. I like to cut them into spears and put a little salt on them.
    - Celery with peanut butter, light ranch, or light cream cheese is good for you and takes enough effort to eat that you probably wouldn't want anything else after.
    - Pretzel sticks, when you get the right kind, are only 100 calories for a pretty large amount.
    - You can freeze 100% juice into a slush or popsicle when you want something cold.