Need Some Friends.

Options
Hi. im new on here. I dont have any friends yet. Ive been trying to loose my weight on my own for a while now, always end up quitting in the first few days, but this time its been 18 days, and its been working so far. So im just hoping to get some friends on here to talk to, get some motivation and everything and maybe some help.

Replies

• ec00
    ec00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on day 18. I know exactly what your talking about. I've met my goal several times, but the older I get and now that I'm married the more difficult it's become. By the end of the week I want to celebrate with eating out.
  • Poobear7609
    Poobear7609 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yeah ive only lost around 6-7 pounds now, and the past like 5 days ive been stuck on the same weight. idk if i should work out more or longer and eat less then i already am, or just continue what im doing and eventually it will start to fall out again.
  • ec00
    Options
    Only? 6-7 lbs is a lot. Just pick up a bag of potatoes. What's your calorie intake? I've been having a rough time... I'm eating throughout the day but still hungry.... My goal is to lose 40lbs, although according to my doctor I would still be overweight, but I felt good at that weight and was healthy, so that's all that matters.
  • rsmith639
    Options
    im new here too!! been off and on for several months and when I don't see results immediately, I tend to quit! I need some accountability and motivation!
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    1100 calories, im supposed to take in 1200, but 1100 is usually want i take in. my goal is to loose 62 pounds, 57 to go. I dont get that hungry during the day, i eat a small breakfast if i eat breakfast, and a small lunch, just like toast with butter, and then ill eat dinner. and if i do get a caving to eat, i try to eat fruit like honey dew, banana. just to be satisfied. I would of liked to hit my goal no less then 3 months, but as its going now,I think its gonna take longer.
  • Poobear7609
    Options
    well add me, and we can try to motivate each other, i defiantly need help with motivation. I live with people and there always buying junk food, chocolate and eating it in fount of me, and the food we have in our house isnt very healthy, so its hard to find food that I can eat.
  • ec00
    Options
    I'm at 1100 calories as well. My major problem is staying on track on my days off from work... I get bored, start craving so I give in and binge on everything, then end up depressed and I give up! I need motivation to stay on track and to excercise. Like now, I just had a "slice" of carrot cake and I now feel sick and upset for giving in. :\
  • chrisPcrunch86
    Options
    I had a hard time at first staying on track. The best way I found, was pre-planning my meals for the week. And at the beginning of the day, I log my meals and it gives me an idea of where I stand calorie - wise for the day. Seems to be working. The hardest part now is the weekends. It's like a free-for-all in my house on weekends! LOL Feel free to add me as a friend (any of you), and we can all work together to keep each other going! :smile:
  • ec00
    Options
    Exactly. I do the same... Pack my lunch, dinner and snacks on work days, but when FRIDAy hits, it's very very difficult.
  • authenticvsop
    authenticvsop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was there once! I'm on week 8!!!!
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    rsmith639 wrote: »
    im new here too!! been off and on for several months and when I don't see results immediately, I tend to quit! I need some accountability and motivation!

Thats how I am too. I want to see results now. For me though it started with health problems that zapped the energy. So not seeing results quickly is hard when I'm already worn out and don't want to try to be bettering myself.
  • jacm79
    jacm79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on day one! Lol I've been reading thru the forums and I can tell people are amped about this app. I'm really going to try and keep this up! About to have my first kid so I have to get in shape. Any tips please throw them in the mix. I'm 5'8, 235, and the belly fat is what's tough to get rid of. Good luck to all!
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    I'm about to turn 31 and have 4 kids who I homeschool. I'm busy and tired due to health stuff. I stayed at 145 after all 3 of my girls but my son did me in. I'm at 166 now. Before kids I was 125-135. That was also 10 years ago so I'm not too hopeful to be that. My goal is 140s. I struggle with consistency and hate doing this journey alone. But I only have me at the moment...hubby's military so he's busy....and I want my kids to see me be strong and fight for my own healthiness! I also loooove my can of soda
  • mshs2008
    mshs2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far. I've the problem with wanting to quit when I don't see any change. I have 50 pounds to lose too. Add me and I'll cheer you on.
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    jacm79 wrote: »
    I'm on day one! Lol I've been reading thru the forums and I can tell people are amped about this app. I'm really going to try and keep this up! About to have my first kid so I have to get in shape. Any tips please throw them in the mix. I'm 5'8, 235, and the belly fat is what's tough to get rid of. Good luck to all!

Congrats!
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    1100 calories, im supposed to take in 1200, but 1100 is usually want i take in. my goal is to loose 62 pounds, 57 to go. I dont get that hungry during the day, i eat a small breakfast if i eat breakfast, and a small lunch, just like toast with butter, and then ill eat dinner. and if i do get a caving to eat, i try to eat fruit like honey dew, banana. just to be satisfied. I would of liked to hit my goal no less then 3 months, but as its going now,I think its gonna take longer.

I struggle with eating breakfast and lunch but I'm working on that. I found small 140 cal granola bars to help with that. I know we all want to see the weight off and quick but try small goals first. Hit those and set a new one. I'm doing that so I won't quit or burn out.
  • ec00
    Options
    Together we will achieve our goals...
  • flexwheeler
    Options
    Im recovering from a shoulder surgery and im slowly getting back to the gym. Need motivation!!