**HRM VS BODYBUGG**

Options
2»

Replies

• erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When you take out the subscription, do you need to renew it when it runs out, or will you have downloaded all the info you need ? Sorry go sound thick, but like the idea of getting one but have no idea how it all works. Also can you get them in the uk?

b ump
  • yolandafg
    yolandafg Posts: 6
    Options
    When the subscription runs out you need to renew in order to continue using the bodybugg. (usually around $10 a month or $80 a year from what I have seen). But I am a believer that for some this is just what they need.

I tried using the HRM at first for my calorie burns when I got back into the gym, however after 2 months of that and using MFP I knew that something wasn't right. Based on the calculations and to lose 1.5lb a week MFP had me at 1200cal, a few weeks of this and I was completely drained. After speaking with a lot of users in the Bodybugg face book group I decided last month to finally just do it and its the best thing I could have done. I have only had it 4 days but imagine this I have lost 2 pounds and am eating over 1400cal a day and that's on a non-active day. I burn min of 2100 on a slow day and am only 5'4, 155lbs I am not so much on the go all the time but I don't sit still for more then 10 min at a time.

Unfortunately I don't think the Bodybugg is available in the UK but not sure about the Bodymedia
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    What's a good body bugg to buy? I was actually just abotu to order a HRM but now a body bugg sounds better :-)

There is BodyBugg and there is BodyMedia Fit. The only difference is in the companies that support the item, the actual device is the exact same thing.

Costco has a good deal on the BMF. I got mine from Amazon though since I wanted the bluetooth version (to view stats whenever I want on my iPhone).

If you google "bodybugg vs. bodymedia fit" there will be a lot of results that pop up - I spent a couple weeks reading about them before deciding to buy.

The two devices are made by the same company but they are actually slightly different. The BMF tracks your sleep and the BB doesn't. Also, in most of the reading I did on them the BMF website/online tools were reviewed more positively than the BB ones.

And the BMF is cheaper cuz it's not branded by 24 Hour Fitness and The Biggest Loser. ;)

bb does track sleep....it is the same thing as and made by the same company...only difference is a fitness company bought the rights and now sell the bmf as bb.